Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM
how many free channels are there? is it worth it if i only want the free ones?
asked by jon kobee on October 24, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 14 answers
A
A bunch of them. I only pay for Netflix and Hulu Plus (as a choice), but the rest of the ones I have are free. To me it's totally worth it. There are plenty of channels to choose from.
Sharon answered on October 24, 2012
Comment | 5 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Lana Lee answered on October 25, 2012
Comment | 20 of 21 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Steve answered on October 24, 2012
Comment | 5 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Hi
Roku should be paying me. But yes, it is great for free stuff. There are several free services like " Crackle" which offers free movies as well - Crackle throws in a few 15 second commercials but it's nothing. I think you'd be pleased
Gary F. Lee answered on October 24, 2012
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Aside from Crackle, most of the free channels are pretty lame IMO. If you like old movies/Tv shows with commercials, you might find it worthwhile. But without either Netflix or Hulu, or even Amazon video to sort of 'anchor' your viewing choices, I think you might find it a bit tiresome.
GBarrington answered on November 9, 2012
Comment | 10 of 11 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Hulu, Pandora, Crackle.. There are a handful. I don't have cable so I do use Amazon Prime and Netflix for my viewing pleasure via the Roku. Oh, and NBC News has a channel that I use too. I do feel that as time progresses, the roku channels will just increase.
Allie M. answered on October 24, 2012
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I was hoping this thing would be good for just free stuff too when I bought it. Only took me 48 hours to cave in to netflix for $7.99 a month. Sure, there's tons of free stuff and hundreds of hidden channels, but it's not worth the time spent sieving through crud get to it. Buy one and see for yourself, there's a money back guarantee.
Catherine Sullivan answered on October 26, 2012
Comment | 7 of 8 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The free channels i have tried are worth the price of a Roku, but with the other low cost options available, i have thought about dropping cable altogether. The only reason i haven't yet is i want my sports
Aufan1 answered on February 14, 2013
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have not counted the channels, but I would say probably between 50-75 free channels... and there are new ones added all the time. It is totally worth it
Donnie answered on October 24, 2012
Comment | 5 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The only pre-installed free channel that I know of is Crackle. However, if you go to the channel store in settings, you may find more in your searches.
Carol Wakefield answered on October 24, 2012
Comment | 2 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product