So, how many folks who read this book are millionaires now?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-23 of 23 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 23, 2005 7:19:27 PM PST
That would seem to be the ultimate acid test. Unless you are reviewing it and saying, "This is a fun read, and worth buying as any fiction book would be for the sheer fun of reading it." In which case, that is ok.

But my guess is that most millionaires are busy making money, instead of writing books. UNLESS they are making their money from writing books. In which case, wouldn't the book simply say, "Become a millionaire by writing books that purport to tell others how to become millionaires."

I'm gonna pass. Too many of these books seem to be written by people who make their money selling books on how to make money.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 24, 2006 8:59:28 AM PST
Well shoot - though 145 people posted reviews about the book, no one has responded to this post, which I agree, addresses the main point: Has this book helped you increase your financial wealth? *That's* what I want to know.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 1, 2006 12:45:43 PM PST
That is my questioon and bottom line also. Everyone talks about changing the way you think to make yourself rich. From experience, it takes more than that.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 16, 2006 12:25:55 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 16, 2006 12:30:16 PM PST
Definitely and very sad I bet most of people that read this book have not become rich, changing the way you think may have bottom line results,some years ago I had to pay the price there were almost two years learning until I move (to another company) and I got the right compensation for the job more than 250% increase and then another 30% I paid the price to learn something and something that can be markeatable and on demand. My income grew but I just expended more not real financial benefits on the long term, until I started reading the Millionarie Mind and change the way I used to think about money. After reading this and other related books I cannot say that my total earnings growth but cash flow has increased my habits have changed I am being more effective for example I'll be free of debt late 2006, in 2007 my portfolio will be very different, this year I bought a new car and planning to buy a second house And I am already planning and playing to start building additional streams of income, I take me while to understand the secret of making most of priorities and that if we put as one top priority to make money then we may have been on the wrong ladder for a while, Its not easy to break the traps, its not easy to be self disciplined, Its easy to procrastinate and keep dreaming, its not easy to have the network, it is not easy to start from scratch but all of this begins with the correct mind set. I have a friend that is ahead from me he is making less money than, He is busy in fact he's putting to many hours in his project, going back to study business and franchising he told me the other day that once he get the right business concept and a seamless operation the rest is to sell the concept and start franchising, he is looking for a team a Legal Man, and Operations Man and he told me I will assure that everything is done right.
I offer him due my experience to do all the quality and operational procedures for and effective operation, he may be there, he may not but you don't know until you try. I will learn.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2006 11:31:59 PM PST
I have read the book, and attended most all of Peak Potentials' courses. Using what Peaks has taught me, my finances, relationships, and life in general have been much better. I'm living my mission now as a self esteem trainer for teens. I'm financially free right now, thanks to Harv, and will reach "Millionaire" within 2 years. This 21 year old has much to thank Harv for. If you have any questions about my experience with Peak Potentials, e-mail me at Willie2020@aol.com

Daryl

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 23, 2006 8:01:43 PM PST
Neman Syed says:
If you take 'millionaire' literally, as opposed to using it as a metaphor for success, then you might be applying the wrong criteria to judge whether the book is useful. I've read the book, taken a bunch of Peaks' seminars, and have benefitted tremendously from the knowledge, direction, and focus they've helped me achieve. Am I a millionaire? Not yet (hey, it's only been a few months :-) but for the first time, the path not only exists, but it's clear what I need to do. Ever since I started to think in terms of net worth, my net worth has been increasing. Cool!

So based on that, I'd say the book and the seminars (highly experiential; you get so much more than just reading the book) are quite valuable.

Speaking of acid tests, make sure you qualify yours by asking the question of not those who just read the book, but of those who actually did the work. Reading the book and expecting to be wealthy by page 202 is dumb. Reading the book, following its exercises (not j, participating in changing your mind and changing your life -- of *course* that leads to wealth. And it'll be in the form of money, if that's what you focus on.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 7, 2006 7:49:22 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 7, 2006 8:00:47 AM PST
Do not expect to become a millionaire just by reading one book, or two books, even three books. Harv's book is not about some great money making secrets, which if you know you automatically will be a millionaire. The purpose of this book is to get you on the right track mentally, so that you can start noticing opportunities to make money which you would otherwise pass by.
I've read several books on financial success and all of them pretty much say the same things, which by the way are so obvious that most people don't even notice them. In the past I've started several businesses which for one reason and another did not succeed. Up until I read this book I didn't know what I was doing wrong. Matter of fact, I was blaming others for my failure; it was either my supplier's fault, or the economy was bad, or people were stupid for not wanting my product. Now that I've read this book I know what's wrong with me and what makes me fail financially. Even better, I know how to fix what's wrong with me.
Like somebody said earlier, don't expect by page 202 to be millionaire. It won't happen. It takes a while. And one thing is for sure, once I am at the millionaire level I won't have time to come to this forum and clear your doubts. But then, I'll rich and you still will be posting: "does it really work???" Find out yourself, you have nothing to lose but $20.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 26, 2006 1:44:36 PM PDT
"Ultimate acid test?" Were you trying to say the ultimate litmus test?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 18, 2006 12:36:06 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 18, 2006 10:01:43 PM PDT
K10012 says:
This is a valid and important question, since the reason most of us are interested in this book, I imagine, would be for the results.
I'm in agreement with the idea that it takes time to see results. And I wouldn't think everyone could achieve wealth by reading this book alone. However, in my experience, there has been a definite enhancement of my finances when I've entertained the ideas in these types of books. It seems one's mind is an extremely powerful factor in the state of one's wealth. And this book seems to be aimed at helping shift to a wealthier mind set. So I'm going to go ahead and spend a few dollars, since I believe it will pay itself back many times over. And perhaps reveal an insight which will lead to a quantum leap, if you will. Besides, there is a 30 day refund policy in case one is dissatisfied to that extent. If consistent actions are taken towards ones goals, I imagine you should see results.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2006 6:04:38 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jun 10, 2007 5:05:06 AM PDT
Of course it does, but the point is that our behavior and our actions are first conceived by our thoughts. So I believe that the book probably has good points that can benefit someone. In other words, if you keep on finding yourself back in the same place, then you may benefit by changing how you think and percieve things. I suppose this book could be a good source for getting that process started.
Rob

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2006 10:00:59 AM PST
Sally Bowers says:
It's funny... I read the beginning posts and you can tell they read but don't do the work. Because if they actually did the work, they'd have much different posts. It's all aboutt he mindset and this book isn't about making you a millionaire, It's about changing the way you thinnk so that you feel you can do anything... and if becoming a millionaire is your goal.. then if you match your activities to your goal, you will be golden! It's all about work.. can't reach ANY goals if you're not willing to do the work to achieve them!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 1, 2007 11:03:55 AM PST
Erin says:
Have you read the book yourself? It's an excellent book. Borrow it from someone or the library if you're hesitant.

I attended the 3 day seminar after skimming through the book. The most valuable thing I learned was that "I create my life." I can control my reactions to everything. The book is good, and the seminar is great. Am I happier? Yes! I even stay calm when driving, when I would usually get angry. Am I moving forward in increasing my income? Yes! Is my money growing? Yes! It's only been a few months since attending the seminar. Results don't happen overnight. Check back in a couple years... and then I'll take your "test."

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2007 7:53:51 PM PDT
I have to agree. I have read the book and have attended a few of Peaks Courses as well. My self esteem has improved, the overall quality of my life has improved and money seems to flow effortlessly into my life. I earn a great living from my own business. I am not financially free as of yet but I know with the skills I have learned, I will be there in the very near future.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 21, 2007 10:18:31 AM PDT
I think this is a great book and it says some very important things that I haven't seen elsewhere, and I've read many self help books and listened to many personal development recordings. This book by itself is not enough, and Harv himself said you have to dedicate yourself to learning. I recommend that you get everything by Brian Tracy and spend a lot of time reading & listening to all of it. Trust every word he says, because he really knows what he's talking about. I did this for a few weeks and it really pumped me up and got me ready for the war to acquire my own fortune. I started an online business over a year ago and it didn't do too well because I knew nothing about business or marketing plus I had those subconscious limitations Harv talks about. But now I've been spending all my time studying the hell out of marketing. I've read many books on marketing and I now feel like I really know what I'm doing and I can finally make a good and consistent profit from my business. Yesterday I just started working on my business again and things are going well. I have solid plans for it now. I feel so powerful. I feel 10 feet tall and unstoppable. I also recommend the materials from Brad Yates which also work to remove subconscious limitations. His stuff really helps! Never stop learning! I am very sure now that I will be successful in business and I truly believe that I will find a way somehow to become a multi-millionaire. I want 50 million dollars. That's my ultimate goal. I have a 140 IQ. I have intense determination. I spend ALL my time working on my business now. That's around 112 hours per week. I know I can make it and I will let everyone know when I do. If Harv can do it, so can I. Oh and by the way, I am much happier now than I ever have been. The work I'm doing doing is fun. I picked a business that I enjoy, as everyone should.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2007 6:34:35 AM PDT
Arlene B says:
I have gone from living in a friend's basement making $125.00 in wages a week to owning my own home, having a brand new vehicle, and becoming manager of a large store. This is all from reading books like this. I had a poverty consiousness and limiting beliefs which were bottomline the cause of all of previous (hardtimes.) It is not easy to change one's consciousness and past programing. First you have to realize that you have programming all the way from childhood to even begin to change this. I am so thankful for books such as these!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2008 11:35:54 AM PDT
I hear ya on this! I too have advanced greatly after reading several self-help books; notably, "Power of the Subconscious Mind" by Joseph Murphy. The way you think has EVERYTHING to do with the actions you take in life and the opportunities you see. If you change your wiring you're going to function differently. Think of it as an upgrade to your computer (your brain).
No book, no seminar, no amount of talk will change anything, but the application of certain techniques will definitely start turning things around.
First step is, believe!
Trev

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 17, 2008 2:04:22 PM PDT
If you want to get rich, sell hope. It's the only thing anyone really ever buys. If you can find a system where people feel hope that if they follow your directions, they'll make money, they'll buy and you'll get rich. This governing principle of sales works from Amyway to Sears, from eBay to Target, from the car dealership down the street to the stock market. People buy hope. If you have hope for sale and people believe the hope you're selling isn't hype, you're rich. End of story. And don't talk to me about food or shelter, people buy those using hope too.

Posted on Mar 16, 2009 8:17:39 PM PDT
Cristobel says:
the ideas work, when worked. Live the life, practice the ideas, consistently, and you will very likely become wealthy.

Posted on Mar 16, 2009 8:18:27 PM PDT
Cristobel says:
the ideas work, when worked. Live the life, practice the ideas, consistently, and you will very likely become wealthy.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2012 7:39:48 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 3, 2012 7:40:35 PM PST]

Posted on Mar 27, 2012 8:58:33 PM PDT
You can become rich only by acquiring a millionaire mind set. How to Become a Millionaire: Master the Mind Game (How To Create Wealth)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 11:17:32 AM PST
Geoff says:
Ok, how about 5 years? Have your chauffeur, butler, chef or personal trainer reply to this so we can breathe in your success.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2014 10:03:32 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jul 16, 2014 10:06:09 PM PDT]
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  22
Total posts:  23
Initial post:  Dec 23, 2005
Latest post:  Jul 16, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Secrets of the Millionaire Mind: Mastering the Inner Game of Wealth
Secrets of the Millionaire Mind: Mastering the Inner Game of Wealth by T. Harv Eker (Hardcover - February 15, 2005)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (757)