Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback May4th

How many game saves on a 4GB card?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 25, 2012 10:02:44 PM PST
A Gamer Guy says:
Obviously I'm not gonna drop $100 on a card and I plan to really only use this thing for games. It says 1-2 full games but I'm assuming those mean full downloaded games, not game saves.

Posted on Jan 26, 2012 6:23:43 AM PST
CDR says:
My personal opinion is that the 8G is the way to go since it's only $10 more and you're doubling your space. Games are usually under 2G with some exceptions like Uncharted so you can easily fit 2-4 games on there and still have room for your game saves.

As for the 4G card... well... Uncharted is like 3.5G. Probably not going to be carrying a lot of digital games with one, that's for sure.

Posted on Jan 27, 2012 5:35:14 PM PST
RAB says:
4 gigs will be enough to save a lot of games. Uncharted golden abyss uses 64 megs and I'm guessing that will be on the high end for most vita games. So as long as you're only saving files from a physical copy and not downloading full games, you should be able to save around 40-60 games.

Posted on Jan 30, 2012 7:43:14 AM PST
moogle11 says:
8GB is the sweet spot right now, until SONY ends up bundling one in with the Vita, which I think is likely in the current financial climate. Maybe a good idea to wait for an 'Uncharted Bundle', can you tell I got burned by the 3DS ? Ha ha ha !

Posted on Mar 6, 2012 8:47:55 AM PST
4gb is fine if you plan on saving your games, and 4gb/30mb=1333 game saves. More games than PS3 also feature music playback during your games. I know Little Deviants does not, but Dungeon Hunter Alliance and Uncharted do.

Posted on Apr 14, 2012 11:24:44 PM PDT
Greg211 says:
Dude. 4 gigs is 4096 mb, NOT 30.

Posted on Jun 26, 2012 1:39:03 PM PDT
Joshua S. says:
Don't know how Bobby came up with that math. With 4GB at 30mb per game that's 137 saves. That is pretty consistent with what I have found with my games. There are going to be a few that are higher obviously. With less than 100 games total out right now 4GB will be plenty for someone who only wishes to do game saves. However if you are goign to download any game I strongly encourage you to get a larger card. Especially since Sony recently released an update that they will be adding the promised PS One Classics support this summer.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Jan 25, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 26, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
4GB PlayStation Vita Memory Card
4GB PlayStation Vita Memory Card by Sony Computer Entertainment (PlayStation Vita)
3.9 out of 5 stars (139)