How many ounces of water in each packet? How many ounces of H2O are in each packet? Yes, it would make sense to keep in your go-bag, or even in your trunk where repeated heating and freezing would cause most water bottles to burst, but it would be nice to know how many ounces each packet holds. thanks.
asked by Rhea D. on September 12, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
votes
I don't know about you guys but based on experience, it takes at least 2 liters of water per day to survive, if not 4 liters. That's 2000ml to 4000ml per day, per person. Do the math.
ATKW answered on May 24, 2012

A
vote
125 ml (4.227 oz.)
Wanda M. Holmes answered on October 10, 2011

A
votes
All 12 packets combined totals only 1.5 quart, or about 1/3 of a 1 gallon.
FEMA recommends a MINIMUM of 1 whole gallon per adult per day. More, in hot or strenuous situations.
No, you would not be in good shape after trying to make 1.5 quart last you for 3 days. At best you would be severely dehydrated.
I'm puzzled why anyone would buy this product when every supermarket and dollar store sells reuseable jugs of water with a 2 year shelf life for around $1 a gallon, versus $9 for 1.5 quarts.
To buy enough Datrex for FEMA's gallon-per-day recommendation, you'd have to buy 9 packets, for $81.
Voiceover Guy answered on April 11, 2014

A
votes
These are a 72 hour supply. 4oz x 12 packets. I think you'll survive.Your numbers may be valid in a long term survival situation, but this should hold you over for its intended purpose.
DS answered on May 30, 2012

A
votes
All 12 of these packets are the equivalent to about 25% of a can of soda if that helps. Could that get you through a whole day? There, I did the math....whew!
Mom4twocuties answered on October 16, 2013

A
[Deleted by the author on Oct 16, 2013 6:12:58 PM PDT]
‹ Previous   1   Next ›