Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now DOTD
Customer Discussions > Crusade forum

matt heafy ruined trivium for personal gain?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 31, 2007 9:42:25 PM PDT
its obvious to everyone, the veteran metalhead, your average metalhead, and even the the nerds with no lives (who constantly has to compare every band to metallica or slayer, and sit home all day and search bands who they don't even like and flame them because they don't like their look genre, or one of the song names sounds "emo". Or if they're simply not as great as metallica). That Trivium has completely changed their sound.(whether its for better or worse is a matter of opinion, mine is for the latter.)
Im not saying trivium is a bad band, I'm nuts for the ascendancy album, but the crusade? Eh, not so much. The things this bands were famous for were, heavy guitar parts, great breakdowns, travis' amazing drumming, and matt's screaming vocals (they're love or hate). they are all missing in this album. I've never had a problem with a band changing or tweaking their sound. Im all for it .But to change everything that was going right is just nuts.
I mean they basically took Travis and threw him in the backseat. A dude on his well on his way to becoming a rock legend. His signature style was agressive, double bass pedaling, technical, blazing fast drumming, best suited for music displayed on ascendacy. And your gonna take this guy and have him play these basic thrash beats? Word to travis. If the band (aka Heafy)
continues to go this route on the next album, ditch this band faster than I can get flamed for saying you'll eat Lars Ulrich alive.
IMHO I think Heafy forced the band into becoming a bootleg Metallica. Think about it, if he's not wearing his trivium shirt (which is 80% of the damn time, then its a Metallica shirt). He can't scream anymore because he says it ruins your voice ( yet he encourages Corey to do so for the older songs . What a great friend!). He takes pictues with metallica members like they're his new girlfriend .And his dad is co-manager of trivium. So what is an aspiring rock legend to do? He's hot off an awesome album he can't ( doesn't want to) perform anymore, and has a Drummer that's stealing his thunder.So he gets an Idea. Become a legend by bringing back thrash metal!
I find the crusade horrible for the simple fact that I can't stand the lyrics, and the choruses are horrible, and it sounds nothing remotely like them. (imho)
Matt Heafy, if your heart is really into bringing thrash metal back, dont make your band pay for it, start another one.
Im sure i rambled too much about certain things, but i'd like to hear a discussion on this. Does matt heafy ruin trivium for his own benefit? Or do you think the entire band wishes to go this direction?

(im not going to even proofread this because I have a life, so dont flame me with " You can't even speak proper english! If i mispelled something or theres a grammar mistake, use god given reasoning or logic to figure it out. If you can't, sue your parents, and educational system, they have failed you. for you are the first person in history to DEVELOP retardation. Congratulations you get a gold star and a cookie.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 13, 2008 9:38:10 PM PST
E. Cadena says:
I absolutely agree with all your points about this "Trivium" album. I was expecting much better.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Crusade forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Aug 31, 2007
Latest post:  Jan 13, 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Crusade
Crusade by Trivium (Audio CD - 2007)
3.8 out of 5 stars (171)