Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS
What is the maximum RAM? Using factory 4G, which is a valid configuration (can I add 8G to get 12G)? Which is the RAM specification?
asked by Limaminas on March 25, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
I don't know what the maximum is but there is only 1 memory slot. The computer was fine with 4 but I removed it and installed an 8 GB chip which cost $40 from Amazon. I think if you use the Crucial memory configuration tool, you will only see a 4 GB and 8 GB chip as options. You can also get the part number and look it up on Amazon.
Steve In CT answered on March 26, 2013
Comment | 3 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The two options available are 4GB and 8GB. I believe you can't upgrade to have more than 8GB max.
Tripac answered on March 26, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The Yoga 13 has a single memory slot. It takes a 204 pin SO-DIMM. The memory is DDR3 speed is 1600MHz (PC3 12800). At the present time the largest available single stick is 8GB. The i5 an i7 processors support 32GB but the motherboards may not, so it is not clear if larger expansion will be available when (if) 16GB DDR3 becomes available. For now assume 8G max, which is more than enough for this machine unless you're editing video or something... which you probably ought not be doing with a 17W TDP processor with built in graphics.
I'm a PC...No, I'm a Mac answered on June 24, 2013
Comment | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
You can shop on lenovo.com, every model has 8G RAM
Yuchao Guo answered on March 26, 2013
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
You can buy it on lenovo.com, it's 8G for every model
Yuchao Guo answered on March 26, 2013
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
[Deleted by the author on Mar 26, 2013 10:07:22 AM PDT]