Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on August 8, 2013
Hace poco comencé a leer varios libros de Julia Alvarez y me gustó su forma de expresar sus ideas en cada libro

Cuando vi este me aventuré a comprarlo y la verdad quedé encantada con la dulce historia de esta viejecita.
Es una lectura conmovedora, que nos lleva a reflexionar en el significado de la NAVIDAD
on January 16, 2013
Excellent Read-Aloud story, it reads as a poem. Both the English and Spanish versions are exceptionally written. And in true Julia Alvarez fashion, it integrates humor, life lessons and her Dominican culture.

My students were captivated by the story and the beautiful illustrations, and the little treat I gave them too.

I'll be using it at home as well, to teach my daughter about our Dominican Ms. Claus, "La Vieja Belen", lol
Maybe I'll read it to my father too, he'll get a kick out of it, since he always told me about this legend and now it's a book :)
on February 27, 2012
Great Book for all ages to read for enjoyment. Used successfully as a reflection and discussion with adolescents and adults. Art is superb. Learning about another culture was easy and thought provoking.
on December 1, 2010
This is a beautiful story that will captivate the attention of children. The story is based on a legend of the Dominican Republic. The illustrations make the story even more beautiful. I would recommend it especially if you want your children to learn about other cultures and customs.