merged reviews are useless and frustrating

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 5, 2012 6:18:30 AM PDT
I can't stand a review borrowed from another offering and hiding any content actually related to the release I'm trying to purchase.

Posted on Sep 5, 2012 2:17:15 PM PDT
Ryan says:
All the ones with 1 star are for Harry Potter Wizard's Collection and all the ones with 4 or 5 stars are for the 8 disc set. Only teasing. Well, actually it is almost true. However, I'm one of the few people who pre-ordered the Wizard's Collection (yes, expensive, but i've held off buying any other bluray (or recent dvd) knowing that a set like this would come out) and find it strange they combined reviews for this as the products are completely different. Not like some type of electronics device where just the color is different or something. Includes completely different things. It is misleading (both for the 31 disc set and for the 8 disc set).

(I do not agree with the 1 star reviews, I just find it funny that you basically can separate the reviews based on the number of stars)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 5, 2012 5:52:56 PM PDT
D. Musal says:
Ryan, you make an interesting point about the 1 star vs. 5 star reviews. With 900+ reviews to slog through (due to Amazon's laziness for not separating 2 very different products), I had not begun to pick up on that general trend. I am not a huge HP fan (I've never read the books), but I did buy my niece's 'collection' on DVD (as she upgraded to the Blu-Ray 8 pack last fall and she loves it). Anyhow, I agree also that merging the reviews makes it much more difficult to sort through all the opinions.
Your comment was very useful though, and has given me some guidance on how to sort through those reviews. Thank you for your insight.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2012 4:16:00 AM PDT
RRP says:
It's not laziness. They were separate until about a week ago. They combined the reviews in a cheap obvious ploy to disguise the negative reviews and ratings. It is a very sorry ill-conceived move which is a blow to their credibility and puts their integrity in question. I say this as someone who has had the Wizard's collection on pre-order since March, and feel the one-star reviews are misguided. I do understand the emotion behind them from those who loyally collected the Ultimate editions since the beginning.

Posted on Sep 6, 2012 4:11:44 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 27, 2013 9:04:39 AM PDT
It's a shame because the 1-star Wizard's Collection reviews are bringing down the rating of the 8-disc sets. Those sets are fairly priced and you know what you're getting. Now their ratings dropped a few stars because they merged it with the sinking stone that is the WC.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 10, 2012 9:20:36 AM PDT
S. Beardsley says:
It looks like they've listened and have again separated the reviews. I understand combining them for some things, but the blu-ray wizard's collection is completely different than the 8-disc blu-ray boxed set that it didn't make any sense to combine.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Sep 5, 2012
Latest post:  Sep 10, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Harry Potter Wizard's Collection (Blu-ray / DVD Combo)
Harry Potter Wizard's Collection (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) by Daniel Radcliffe (Blu-ray - 2012)
3.2 out of 5 stars   (768)