metal gear rising demo

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 28, 2013 4:19:11 PM PST
campress says:
the demo look amazing

Posted on Jan 30, 2013 5:09:00 PM PST
frosty012002 says:
I finally played the demo and thank goodness.. My pre-order has officially been cancelled. I became tired of playing within the first ten minutes.

Posted on Jan 30, 2013 6:45:56 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 30, 2013 6:53:50 PM PST
campress says:
yes is like playing ninja gaiden or something like that, the spionage it what it used to make this game unique and diferent now is like any other action game the graphics are great but is not unique anymore

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 31, 2013 12:45:50 AM PST
FoxhoundOps says:
If you expected espionage, you were terribly mistaken. That's not to say that you can't sneak, as it is possible, but its not the primary intention.
Kinda figured it when the subscript on the old boxart was "lightning bolt action" instead of "tactical espionage action". Speaking of which, did anybody else notice it was removed?

I do think you have a point with the graphics though.

Posted on Jan 31, 2013 5:28:02 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 31, 2013 5:29:58 PM PST
campress says:
is not about if you figured out before or not, is just that i think metal gear used to be the only video game with spionage like the primary intention now all the game are like call of duty press this button then the other one kill kill kill nothing is diferent everything is the same concept i do not know if is because i am getting older or what but the video games now last like 10 hrs they are so burried they just made then to make money they dont care about us the custumers everything now is so short and then they make expansions like battlefield 3 they already have like 5 expansions so they sell you a video game in parts, black ops 2 is such a bad video game the campaing sucks, nothing is originall now that is my point, and i thought metal gear was the exeption but is the same they sell there's souls

Posted on Feb 2, 2013 1:28:39 AM PST
Jroc says:
I gotta join in on the hate parade. I saw the trailer...was like....hmmmm....then I played the demo. This is a game I will be waiting till it hits bargain bin or PS Plus for free.

I'm sorry. My MG history goes back to NES. I feel any MG fan from the beginning of MG....wont really like this game. Every....every MG games was basically the same style. Even when they did Snake Eater...it was still stealth. Stealth in the jungle, out in the open.

Fans of this type of hack n slash game play will probably like it. I usually like these types of games. But not for MG!! lol.

Posted on Feb 2, 2013 7:35:48 AM PST
I agree, the demo convinced me to cancell my order. I thought the sword mode would be cool but it often can't excute well enough to rise it to the cool move. Battle are a mess and end up being button smashing. Feels like the game needed a few more months.

Posted on Feb 15, 2013 3:08:49 PM PST
... I feel like we played vastly different demos. Or that everyone in this thread was expecting Metal Gear Solid. No one ever suggested this game would have Metal Gear Solid gameplay. This is in the same vein as Devil May Cry, Bayonetta and Ninja Gaiden. Having said that, I'm much more excited for this than I was for the new "DmC."
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Jan 28, 2013
Latest post:  Feb 15, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance by Konami (PlayStation 3)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (405)