Facility Spring Cleaning Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Made in Italy Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS
asked by Ronald N. Ciccone on December 4, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 17 answers
A
Vicki R. Larson answered on August 2, 2011
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I don't even know if mine still gets the weather alerts since after just over a year, the screen on mine is completely blank. it turns blue, but no words show up. This is my second Midland radio that has died at just over a year. Any other recommendations on another brand that does the same thing?
Brew answered on May 22, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Exact thing happened to me, NO WEATHER reception after almost one year. BUMMER !
Oscar Wilde answered on February 27, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Same thing just happened to my wr-300. This combined with not shutting off after the End of Message tone means I won't buy another Midland.
Gregg Mueller answered on April 14, 2011

A
Add me to the list of Midland WR-300 owners that had the NOAA radio and alerts function fail after just 2 years with AM/FM radio still working. Midland has to know that this is a design flaw by now.
John-D answered on May 8, 2011

A
DBD answered on May 22, 2011

A
These radios are programmed for only certain NOAA weather frequencies. When the local emergency stations change or adjust their frequencies, the radio can not adjust so you loose the weather! Thanks to everyone, I was just getting ready to buy one of these myself. I wanted to replace an older Radio Shack model that stopped working also. I won't waste my money either!
Shirley R Davis answered on May 23, 2011

A
The new Midland WR-120 has End of Message detection. My WR-100 radio was passed to an uncle and it's worked FINE since July 2010. I now have the newer WR-120.
Anonymous answered on August 2, 2011

A
forgot to say in previous post. I changed the time to the correct time and I scrolled thru the SAME numbers until my #1 and it's code was up front.
Vicki R. Larson answered on August 2, 2011

A
Not quite related. I have an older Midland weather radio 74-200. Where I live I have to use an outdoor antenna, but it still works fine with one exception. I bought the strobe accessory, there seems to be a short in the place where it plugs in to the radio. If I wiggle it just right it works, if not it doesn't work. Also no one seems to know even if it is working perfectly, if the strobe works just as the warning is issued? Or does it blink during a warning, etc. for the entire length of the warning?
Charles L Bloss Jr. answered on March 4, 2012
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product