Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
What's the minimum amount of watts I can put through these without damaging them?
asked by Steve on February 23, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 answers
A
They are rated for 180 watts at 8 ohms I believe. I attempted to run 200 ways through them and the amp cut out on me. I run them at 100 watts and had to turn the bass all the way down so I didn't make the neighbors mad.
Phred 51 answered on February 24, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I would say 45-50 rms would be the min...
espanarules answered on February 24, 2013

A
J. Conway answered on February 24, 2013

A
I don't see how wattage below the maximum rating would damage them. Just be sure you are using a device with the correct resistance input (8 ohms). Other than that anything under 180 watts shouldn't damage them
Nate answered on February 24, 2013

A
Coyote answered on February 24, 2013

A
believe it or not im using 50 watts per channel. but its the onkyo tx8255 awesome transformer and high current. it delivers big time. not sure what your application is for these speakers. but make sure whatever receiver you are going with has a great transformer and high current. i bought the speakers and receiver through amazon. best purchase ever!!! hope this helps
joe909 answered on February 24, 2013

A
ReaderHal answered on May 5, 2013

A
[Deleted by the author on Feb 24, 2013 11:41:25 AM PST]
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product