We have a minivan with 4 kids. (3 rows of seats) is it clearly viewed and heard from the very back seat if mounted on the front passenger headrest?
asked by scooby on February 15, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 answers
A
I believe this DVD player is one of the loudest ones we have ever had. I am unsure if you might hear it clearly due to road noise etc...
craftymom_22 answered on February 15, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
yes, it should be. but read the 1 star reviews, as these break quickly.
Todd Taylor answered on February 15, 2013

A
Not sure- I have a Toyota Sienna with two rows but I only have two kids and we use the middle back row (the furthest back is folded down and used for cargo space). Depending on the height of the seats, those in the very back may not be able to see. You may be able to mount them higher up the headrest using the strap.
MARIBETH KERR answered on February 15, 2013

A
My wife and I have a minivan with a third row of seating. In order to insure good sound quality, we use an FM transmitter and adjust the sound through the vans own sound system. If you do not wish to use this option, you can purchase sound bullet speakers for about $10 each and this works for both units very well. As far as the stock system that is provided with the units, they both work well, but the road noise will eventually take over and you will have to turn them both up very loud. If you are viewing two separate movies, this could be a nightmare situation.
John Perkins answered on February 17, 2013

A
I belive it would be fine if radio is off . The only down side is how big the screen is and you could mount them on diffrent head rest but you need to connect both dvd toghether for same movie or just have them playing separate movie in each row but keep in mind that it as well needs to be connected to your cigar outlet at all times for power it Does NOT have a rechargable battery
JR answered on February 15, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The image is clear enough to be seen from the 3rd row. The sound is loud enough for everyone in a Dodge Journey. I'm sure it would be good enough for your minivan. I would caution you about this purchase since my DVD stopped playing yesterday. We've had it since Jan 4th 2013... Not even 3 months.
Padi Inst answered on February 15, 2013

A
These are awesome. First of all, you can use them to play the same DVD on both OR they can each play their own DVD so you can have one in the first row seats and one in the last. My niece actually separates hers sometimes and leaves one in the car and sets the other up in her son's room so he can sit in his bed and watch it. The picture is very clear and crisp, sound is good and as long as they are sitting straight when mounted there should be no problem. If they have some slant to them they will keep loading rather than playing but that makes sense because the DVD is not sitting properly. We highly recommend these players.
SouthernGal820 answered on February 16, 2013

A
Yes! The 9-inch screen is a very nice size. Both screens can play the same or two different movies at one time. We have a small car and keep the volume turned way down. The volume control can be turned way up. Hope this answers your question.
brenda clarke answered on February 16, 2013

A
although I have not done that test in a minivan, I think it is best to use one screen for each child, as they have a size to just under one meter distance between the device and the person. I recommend you make two purchases for a total of four DVDs, one per child
Enrique answered on February 18, 2013

A
I have been using it in Honda CRV mounted on front passenger and driver's headrest. The view is crisp and clear so should not have any issue in viewing it from the third row of seats. The sound/volume would be an issue due to road noise and other factors. If you have an auxiliary option with your car's sound system then you can hook up the player's sound to your car's sound system and in this case this issue would be resolved as well. Cheers
NAVEED UL-HASSAN answered on February 18, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product