Professional restaurant supplies BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-24 of 24 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 10, 2008 3:44:44 AM PDT
Mike says:
i got this set through market place, it was still sealed and obviously the blurb on the back says contains 60-page collectors book, but there isn't one inside. anyone else had this problem? i notice that a lot of the items in marketplace state that the book is missing, but this one was obviously supposed to have it. awaiting reply from amazon but failing that does anyone know how to get hold of the book on its own? i'm kind of lost without the episode guide as the dvd's aren't grouped into season!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2008 3:43:18 PM PDT
I just bought one from ebay and Its is SUPPOSE to be new it was in the packaging as well but does not have the booklet with it either. I am looking into it now. I don't think the seller knew that it was suppose to. I will keep you posted as well you keep me please thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2008 12:10:12 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 12, 2008 10:15:53 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 1, 2008 3:52:21 PM PDT
Flor Chong says:
I purchased this one on April 2008. The 60-page collectors book is missing and collector box was broken. It was very dissapointing since it was a gift for my husband.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 1, 2008 9:44:19 PM PDT
If the book was missing, congratulations! You have recieved a Chinese bootleg!

They can press DVDs pretty good over there, but apparently they can't print a book worth a darn.

The box for the bootleg set is slightly smaller than a real one, so the absence of the book won't seem obvious (there's no room for it). Also, the bootlegs have Chinese subtitles. They don't show up on the DVD menu (again, too much trouble for the bootlegger), but if you cycle through the available subtitles with your remote, you will see them.

Posted on Feb 11, 2010 2:18:19 PM PST
Raymond Lu says:
The Chinese bootlegs are all over eBay. Sellers will claim they're the US version and that it's factory sealed. All you have to do is ask them for the UPC code of the box set in order to verify. American box sets have UPC code 012569832688. Chinese bootlegs have UPC code 9789853574562. And I suspect that those complaining of missing discs or scratched discs are the ones that bought the bootleg copies from sellers on Amazon marketplace.

Posted on Jun 25, 2010 9:41:22 AM PDT
Robs says:
the ones that don't have a booklet are fake!!! i have been tricked too

Posted on Jun 27, 2010 4:32:38 PM PDT
CynthiaT says:
I, too, am missing the book. Really bummed because I had read other reviews and the problems with bootlegs...but this was actually offered through Amazon and their Gold Box Deal of the Day a couple weeks ago so I thought I would be okay.

I checked the UPC and it is the American box set. Everything was sealed up and looked good. One of the disc sets were inserted backward, but that doesn't shock me. I guess I'll have to start watching all of the discs to see if they skip like others have reported. If they do, I guess I will try to get a refund. If not, I can live without the book.

Posted on Aug 6, 2010 5:31:51 AM PDT
If you got it directly from amazon, it is the real one. Just send them an email and i'm sure they will be glad to send you a replacement.

Posted on Jul 11, 2011 1:49:18 PM PDT
CHI NG says:
I should have read this discussion before i place the order, got the bootleg in the mail today, when i see every dvd comes with cheap plastic wrapper, i know it has problem already

Posted on Mar 13, 2012 7:59:00 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Mar 14, 2012 3:29:46 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2012 8:04:18 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Mar 14, 2012 3:29:10 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 6, 2012 2:29:12 PM PDT
K. Smith says:
This is definitely what is happening! I once bought the Chinese bootleg by accident, and now I have to wait to save up again for the real thing! I didn't realize how many people had also accidentally bought the Chinese bootleg.

In reply to an earlier post on May 18, 2012 5:25:52 AM PDT
I got one too. Irritating, because technically, if I send it back then I am sending pirated material internationally. Working on my refund right now.

In reply to an earlier post on May 20, 2012 7:58:10 PM PDT
M. Pearson says:
If the shrink wrap is torn or removed, they won't let you send it back. Also, they can't re-sell it because it IS a bootleg, so they won't want it back. Still, send them a strongly worded email about your frustration & they should give you a refund. They did me. I bought what I thought was the real thing too - even though the order ended up going through a third party seller (which I didn't realize at first because it was in teeny tiny print) it was still promised to be fulfilled by Amazon. The picture showed the book and a picture of the American Box. The Bootleg box and American Box have different fronts, as well as different UPCs. When I wrote the third party seller and said I thought I had received a bootleg copy, she wrote back and assured I didn't. She then proceeded to tell me that Amazon was shipping the orders they were receiving. I then emailed Amazon directly and told them about what had happened and how upset I was. They processed my refund that day, and let me keep the bootleg copy.Then I found the UPC and realized I had indeed received a bootleg copy.

Good luck to you.

In reply to an earlier post on May 20, 2012 10:29:18 PM PDT
I was already on that course of action. I did finally receive my full refund. Thanks for the advice. My seller (UrGain) said I was an angry person who wanted to get VENGEANCE. He wanted me to send it back so he could get credit back. Yeah right. Repackage and re-sell is more like it. I reported him to Amazon and the FBI. I responded that he or his distributor broke the law, not me, and I didn't do anything wrong. I ordered the real set through Wal-Mart.com. BUYER BEWARE! Thanks for the post.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 11:28:59 AM PST
marylidis says:
My copy looks vary fake , and there is one CD missing. How can I prove that it is fake?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2012 2:15:23 PM PST
M. Pearson says:
Look at your UPC Code; the bootleg copy's UPC is 9789853574562. Also, if you received a bootleg copy, there will be no commerative booklet in it. Was there a commerative booklet?

My advice to you is to write to Amazon.com or whoever you purchased it from and tell them you are missing a CD. Chances are, you won't be able to return it because you removed the shrinkwrap. (That was the same issue I ran into.) But when I told them I received a bootleg set instead of the original, they were pretty good about issuing me a refund. I hope this helps you somehow!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2012 2:26:37 PM PST
M. Pearson says:
I am glad that you did finally get receive your refund. I'm so sorry that you had to go through all of that! Yes he probably would have resold it. Why would anyone do that?! I mean, some sellers on eBay don't know they have bootleg copies. The person I bought it from was basically just taking orders; Amazon was supposedly selling them. I had almost bought it from eBay before that, but I emailed the person and they were kind enough to tell me that they did have bootleg copies. I hope to order the real set someday, but for now I can't afford it.

Posted on Oct 17, 2013 12:01:47 AM PDT
Bridget says:
so i just received a bootleg copy of this. i have no idea how to handle this situation. i didnt even know there was such a problem out there until i received my order & it contained no booklet, the pictures on the discs are faded, there's a thumbprint on a supposedly new & sealed box as well as some other issues. i'm so frustrated because i ordered my item & they told me they shipped it the next day & i had to wait almost a month before i got it (they didnt ship it when they said they did) & now to top it all off i finally get it & its the bootleg. ugh! i wanna cry right now. the UPC matches the bootleg that you guys are talking about. someone help me please???

Posted on Oct 17, 2013 12:15:31 AM PDT
Bridget says:
o & to top everything off, the item i ordered was listed wrong because i ordered what i thought was the individual seasons packaged together but is actually the series in the red box. i'm just really confused on how to handle this situation and who to contact.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2013 5:14:41 AM PDT
M. Pearson says:
The very same thing happened to me too! I wrote to the seller because I thought that I had ordered it directly from Amazon but it turned out it was through a third-party seller but shipped directly from Amazon. The seller and someone from Amazon assured me it was in fact an original. The seller went on to offer me to return it for a refund, but then when I asked her for it, she said she didn't handle the refunds; I would have to contact Amazon. So I contacted them via email and explained what happened and mentioned what the UPC was on the box I had received so they couldn't come back and say, "Oh no you have the original" like the other person had said. I offered to send the box back even though I had already opened it. Amazon got back to me the same day and said I could keep the box set, but they would refund me my money. My money was refunded to me the same day. So I would suggest emailing or calling Amazon and let them know. Oh, and the other thing I had mentioned is the picture I saw when I ordered showed an original box set because you could clearly see the booklet and the box itself was different too. (The pictures of the cast are in a different order on the boxes.) So I also pointed out that the link itself to order was misleading. I hope this helps you! Good luck. I'm sorry for your trouble; I was hoping that no one else would have the same problem that I did.

Posted on Oct 18, 2013 9:00:24 PM PDT
That seller kept harassing me for months afterword, and I just kept reporting him or her to amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2014 10:35:18 PM PST
M. Pearson says:
I'm sorry to hear! Is he leaving you alone yet? That is just wrong. Why can't Amazon stop him?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  14
Total posts:  24
Initial post:  Mar 10, 2008
Latest post:  Jan 14, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about