Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 28, 2009 5:52:46 PM PST
wizard_allie says:
I know Patch said he couldn't feel anything, but isn't it odd that he could feel Nora's pulse? (during the bio lab)

Posted on Dec 1, 2009 2:04:11 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 16, 2010 1:02:46 AM PST
How about the fact that Nora keeps popping iron tabs to perk her up? Iron pills do not perk you up. They do not cause any kind of 'immediate' reaction. I gave this book a good review but the iron pill popping has seriously been irking me ever since not just because Becca's way off in her assessment on the power of the iron tablet, but also the dangerous message she's sending people about the efficacy of iron tabs.

'take an iron tab when you're feeling a little droopy, it's like an over the counter ritalin!'

Seriously, folks. I've been on iron pills for almost two years, they don't 'hit' you within seconds or minutes, try weeks or months of buildup if you have an iron deficiency (iron deficiency anemia). If you have not been told to take iron pills, by a physician, DON'T TAKE IRON.

Iron overdose is a leading cause of accidental poisoning in children.

Posted on Dec 2, 2009 12:36:58 PM PST
ChibiNeko says:
The iron thing kind of bugged me too after a friend of mine read the book & mentioned that popping iron like that could kill you. I'm willing to overlook the thing with Patch & the pulse, but she needs to correct the whole thing with iron or at least go back & give some REALLY good reason as to why Nora's not dead.

Posted on Feb 16, 2010 1:03:58 AM PST
Definitely, Ms. Fitzpatrick should correct the iron popping, it would be the right thing to do.

Posted on Apr 2, 2010 6:32:37 AM PDT
Kim M. says:
I'm curious if the whole iron thing will somehow be connected to her bloodline, b/c remember she was Nephil bloodline. Maybe it's a lead up of some sort for the next book.

Posted on Apr 23, 2010 11:36:57 AM PDT
Hmm, K. Morris, maybe you are onto something. But if that is true she still should have mentioned, somehow, in an aside, that for most people (read all of us humans) popping iron tabs like this would be amazingly deadly and wouldn't give someone a buzz of energy.

Posted on Jun 19, 2010 7:14:17 AM PDT
patch jeep broke during the rain when he picked up nora from Portland and went to a motel nearby, but why suddenly after several revelation that ended with ms green, patch rushed to pick up the jeep. same with the end part at school, he should be using the car from nora's schoolmate but why suddenly he's using the jeep to bring nora home.
another thing, jules mentioned to nora that elliot never mention that she knows about the suicide girl but if jules is the one who break in nora's house to get the printed article about elliot being suspect with his ex girlfiend's death then jules must know that nora knew about it...
and yes too much iron intake can lead to life threatening situations.

Posted on Oct 7, 2010 11:30:47 AM PDT
Sometimes a writer does not catch their mistakes, in which the editor should. It's easy to make mistakes, and sometimes it's humorous if the book is a sinker.

Posted on Dec 29, 2010 5:02:16 PM PST
Mistakes, as in describing a character with a scar on their arm and then changing it to a scar on their leg or saying the character's a paralegal in one book and a real estate agent in the next, sure, I can accept that, it's hard to keep all the tiny details on side characters straight, but things like applying magical, energizing properties to a supplement that if taken improperly could have lasting or even deadly effects isn't a mistake, it's a lack of research.

Posted on Sep 23, 2011 6:04:47 PM PDT
LOL why does it matter? Seriously, it's her book, her OWN creation. At least she didn't write that Patch was a SPARKLY fallen angel.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 4, 2012 2:41:45 PM PST
Madi says:
omg you took the words out of my mouth...I remember when I was reading the book I immediately HATED that. I mean a) being anemic doesn't make you soo drained and concerned. Lots of people have low iron etc. and the most that happens is that they get tired easily etc. not a big deal b) as you already said WHAT type of iron pill perks a person up..I mean its like Popeye and his spinach...yeesh the author shouldn't have included it.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Nov 28, 2009
Latest post:  Feb 4, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush Saga)
Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush Saga) by Becca Fitzpatrick (Audio CD - October 13, 2009)
4.1 out of 5 stars   (1,159)