Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 24, 2009 9:53:15 PM PDT
Alex says:
Before purchasing Mobil1 oil from Amazon and hoping to receive $10 rebate, see the list of participating retailers at www.mobil1.us. Amazon is not listed there as eligible. I do not understand why they are showing this rebate. This looks like an error or scam to me.

Posted on Sep 7, 2011 6:56:55 PM PDT
Dr No says:
I was going to figure out how to inform Amazon customer service about this, but it wasn't easy.

Posted on Sep 25, 2011 10:21:14 AM PDT
E. Stoyanov says:
If you open the PDF-form from the product (eg. Mobil 1 0W-40) web-page you will notice that in the top black part of the rebate form it says "Valid with Amazon.com purchases only." Since this form looks genuine I believe the rebate applies to amazon.com too. I am going to submit it and see what will happen. I will report here for the results once I hear something from them.

Posted on Nov 13, 2011 9:29:22 AM PST
Well ... did anyone get a rebate? I bought the filters but then found that the oil that I bought at Costco (cheaper than Amazon or local seller) did not qualify. Thinking of returning the filters since the rebate was not valid.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2011 11:25:27 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 13, 2011 11:33:02 AM PST
E. Stoyanov says:
Yes, I got the rebate check about a week ago ($12 one). I was surprised how fast they processed it. With the rebate, the price per bottle goes down by about a dollar cheaper than the local walmart (the cheapest I could find it).
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Sep 24, 2009
Latest post:  Nov 13, 2011

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Mobil 1 96989 0W-40 Synthetic Motor Oil - 1 Quart (Pack of 6)
Mobil 1 96989 0W-40 Synthetic Motor Oil - 1 Quart (Pack of 6) by Mobil 1
4.8 out of 5 stars   (180)