Samsung LN52A850 52-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LCD HDTV with Red Touch of Color
Used & New from: $1,069.00
Is this model being discontinued to promote the LED line? That's what a salesperson in Sears told me. He said the price is going to drop soon as a result. Any validity to this?
asked by D. Fernandez on April 7, 2009
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 answers
A
From the price that they are still asking ...it does not appaer to be .
N. Clark answered on April 16, 2009
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I refuse to make the purchase until prices drop. The LN55A950 is out as well as the LN52B750. Plus, it appears that the only real difference b/w the A750 and the 850 is that the 850 is slimmer.

I will wait until Memorial Day and see if the prices drop by then...
Dryzzt answered on April 26, 2009

A
Same here. I've been watching these prices for close to 7 months and the drop has not been significant enough for me to purchase yet. I will jump in when it drops below 2K.
D. Fernandez answered on April 27, 2009

A
Best Buy advertised this model on clearance this week for the same price it's been 'on sale' for the last few weeks. I would be surprised if the price gets much lower.
V. Tabor answered on April 28, 2009

A
Ok WTF...they RAISE the price on the 650 to $1999, RAISE the price on the 75- to $2049, and then they LOWER the price on the 850 to $2199?

I'm done with the 650 but I will still consider the 750 and the 850 IF the price comes down
Dryzzt answered on April 29, 2009

A
They'll come down. As this recession continues, they will be desperate to liquidate older stock to make room for newer models. Look for more prices to drop in the next few months.
D. Fernandez answered on April 29, 2009

A
I work for an independent dealer in S.W Florida, and carry the 850 still although it has been on clerance for quite a while. MY DEALER COST is $1950 on this set (which was a mutiple truck load purchase). If you see it for $2100 It is a great deal if it is in a box.
BEE two answered on May 10, 2009
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›