Can my 13 month old use the Graco Nautilus 3-in-1 car seat? My 13 month old weighs 22 pounds. Can he use this car seat?
asked by S. Chandran on November 9, 2009
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 16 answers
A
But it's much safer for an infant and toddler to be rear-facing for as long as possible.
Katie answered on November 12, 2009
Comment | 9 of 12 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I read this on the American Academy of Pediatrics: "It is best for children to ride rear-facing as long as possible to the highest weight and height allowed by the manufacturer of their convertible seat. When they have outgrown the seat rear-facing, they should use a forward-facing seat with a full harness as long as they fit. "

This Nautilus model only goes forward?
Branden answered on July 25, 2010
Comment | 4 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The Nautilus 3-in-1 does not rear face, so it may not be a good option.
J. King answered on July 28, 2010
Comment | 4 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It is very important to keep your baby rear facing even after age one. It is 5 times safer. Google "extended rear facing."

As for seats..Graco makes the Myride 65 and it is a great seat fro rear facing and forward facing. Another seat to look at is the Safety First Complete Air. And remember to read the manual and always have your installation checked by a certified Child Passenger Safety Technician. If you have any other car seat ?s you can visit car-seat.org!
H. Rice answered on August 21, 2010
Comment | 5 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
No the minimum state requirements for forward facing is 1 year AND 20 pounds, must meet both, not either or. So a 7 month old should not be front facing even if he is well beyond the weight. Look into the seats mentioned in previous posts above, and the American Academy of Pediatrics statement that someone posted previously as well. Hope that helps!
Amy Lambert answered on November 21, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Our 14 month old daughter LOVES this carseat and we do too. If your child meets the height and weight requirements, which ours does, it is a great option, in my opinion after the 1 year mark. When i realized how curled up she was trying to smush into the rear facing still, I felt so bad. If you secure and fasten your child into this seat like you are instructed, there is no reason they should ever slump over or forward and our daughter sleeps comfortably in this seat without any concerns on my part. And we're worriers. ;)
E. M. Offner answered on January 2, 2012
Comment | 6 of 9 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I would not recommend getting this seat for a 1-2 yr old. When we first bought it for my then three year old son, it was so hard for him to sleep in the seat, and it sits so upright (even in the furthest recline position) that he would slump forward or to the side. For a little one, it would be even harder. However, my son is almost 7 now and the seat has worked very well for us. He has about 5 more lbs until he is out of the harness. The seat is wonderful for older children but I HIGHLY recommend waiting until your child grows out of a convertible sized (up to 35 lbs) seat before purchasing this one for them.
T. Wright answered on December 16, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Thanks for the input.
S. Chandran answered on November 26, 2009
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I enjoyed your comment in response to the comment above you. I can't imagine my son (who is 14 months and transitioning from rear-facing to front-facing because of his length) being four years old and rear-facing. Thank you for an amusing comment.
B. Schaeffer answered on July 15, 2012

A
wow -i just read all these reviews- and shocked that the front vs rear topic is so heated..political topics bring less of a DEBATE. thanks for the imput but i imagine - every child and every parent has a specific situation for their needs..
TARA STRASSBURGER answered on August 18, 2012
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›