Color: Blue|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

I like this case and it has been able to fully charge my iPhone and protect it. Here are my thoughts:

PROS:
1. Looks - The case looks sleek and smooth. I got the one in Green. It has a modern look.
2. iPhone Charging switch - I like it that I can control when the case will charge the phone. Once fully charged, i turn of the charging.
3. Headphone adapter - it comes with an adapter so that you can plug in your earbuds.
4. Speakers - This case makes the sound of the iPhone forward facing so that the sound is clearer and louder.
5. Protection - It will protect your phone from bumps and drops.

CONS:
1. Power - Even if the case is fully charged, there is only enough power to recharge the iPhone once from low battery state to fully charged. It is enough to get me through a work day but I still have to recharge at night.

2. Too slippery. I have dropped mine a dozen times. It is like trying to hold a fish.

SUMMARY:
It is a very good case that will protect your phone and also give you a a way to fully charge you phone. If it had more juice and wasn't so slippery, it would be very good.
on August 29, 2015
I have had this for about 2 weeks and it is faboulous. I love the blue color. Fits my iPhone 5s perfectly. Has not malfunctioned, an when I use it to charge my phone my cellular connection stays the same. I highly recommend it for the small price of $22
review image review image
on February 21, 2016
Color wears off, one drop and it will stop working, the USB connection will fail quickly. Mophie is the go to battery case for iPhone and I've bought a bunch of them, but they don't last long for the high price you pay for them. Thankfully my iPhone 6s has an amazing battery and I don't need these products anymore. Don't buy the colored ones, they aren't grippy and they get beaten up and cheap looking very quickly because the color is just a coating.
on January 15, 2016
I have had this approximately 9 months. This does what its meant to do. Originally bought for a trip to disneyland where I knew I needed to get a more than my typical charge on the phone alone. I get about a 75% charge when my iPhone is dead or near it. I wish it boosted it a little more but I am a pretty heavy user and this does allow me to get through the day.

It does switch the outlet to a micro usb, so when I am in the car i generally have to tae off the extra battery pack to use the car chargers I already own. It was very hard to get the bottom off and on and eventually the attaching pieces came off. Im also not a fan that you need an extender to use speakers or a cable, it came with one, but I couldn't tell you where it was after a few weeks, so again had to take off the bottom to use the plug. When I am not on a trip its hit and miss if I have the bottom attached as i prefer the convenience of the lightning cord.

I also found it difficult to use the sleep wake button, and eventually damaged my screen from pressing on it with my thumb while trying to press the button, so be careful how you hold it to do this.

I will say it has protected the phone really well from falls. I am constantly dropping this thing and have yet to shatter my screen by some miracle. It should have happened multiple times by now with as often as I drop it.
on April 9, 2013
This item did not work. Once placing the item on the phone it was stuck and broke when carefully removing.
on April 15, 2015
the product breaks after so many uses this happened with 2 of the 3 Mophies we bought--the electronic portion of the lower part of the case(the part you remove to charge the iPhone directly) separates from the outer case. This was after appx. 80 days. Mophie only covers products for 1 year from date of manufacture. The 3rd party seller from Amazon (digital media source)only covers it for 21 days. Be careful who you are really buying it from.
review image
on April 22, 2013
I'd been wanting to buy an iPhone 5 since the moment it came out but was VERY reluctant to buy it without a Mophie case. I've been using Mophie cases since I purchased an iPhone 4 a few years ago and was absolutely satisfied with both products, so it was an obvious decision to buy an iPhone 5 case with Mophie. Sadly, Mophie hadn't released an iPhone 5 case until recently. So, when the case came out I snatched it and became the proud owner of a shiny new iPhone 5 and its cool companion... until a few weeks ago.

I bought the case around March 21st and was immediately satisfied with the lightness of it. At first glance the design made absolute sense since Apple moved the headphone jack from the top to the bottom. (¿?) But when I realised that an extender cable had to be used in order to use the headphones I became very suspicious. Ok, no matter! No big deal, right? Well, apart from having a protruding alien piece of plastic from your beautiful case what REALLY pushes my button is the fact that, unless you stand absolutely still, the audio becomes choppy and unstable because the cable moves along with you. You have to twist that damn thing until the audio goes stereo again but even so there's no guarantee that it will reamin fixed. One "solution" I came up with is just plugging the headphones before I connect the lower part of the case. You have to do it this way because the jack (if it's an Apple headphone set) won't reach that far with the lower case already connected.

Also, when I took the case out I noticed that the coating was quite "smooth"... now I know that the proper adjective is "slippery". You can leave the case in an upright position leaning on whatever and it will fall on its own! If you're not careful it can slip out from your hand. Also, the coating is coming off! I've been using it for less than a month and the darn thing is coming off! What the heck?

If all of the above is not a nuisance to you then this product is right for you. I bought this model because I wanted the lighter version and that at least is satisfying. I don't miss the "extra 20%" battery charge because I usually start using the case when my iPhone reaches 20% battery life so, no biggie for me!

So, in a nutshell...

PROS:
Light, hard casing works fine, cool color, charges quite fast.

CONS:
Headphone cable extender is a hassle and an annoyance, "smooth" coating comes of within a mont (at least in my case), slippery case.
on January 6, 2015
This is the third Mophie case I have purchased. First, I got one for my iPhone. I love the convenience of having additional battery for my phone; and am willing to bear the extra weight of the case. I'm a power user of my phone, listening to Pandora most of my work day (9-10 hours regularly). With the Mophie I don't have to plug my phone in until I get in my car to go home. The second case I purchased was for my son's iPhone. When he opened his phone on his birthday, his first question was, "where's my mophie?" Then, I purchased my third case for my sister who just got her first iPhone. She got the case today and is in love with the additional battery and protection the case provides.
on March 5, 2016
Love this case. It has saved me when I needed a long lasting phone. Or when I forgot to charge the phone and was expecting a call. During a power outage and need a charge or expecting calls or placing them. On my company phone, they supplied my first one and I have bought one for my personal phones ever since then. Don't leave home with out it.
on February 15, 2016
After just two days using this battery my iPhone 5S battery was DESTROYED. My phone shut down completely lost all my notes, photos and more that I couldn't synch :{

A certified Apple tech told me that the discharge from this case was the reason to damage my iPhone. The battery case must have been defective I submitted a formal complain to this company, and I'm waiting to see how they are going to help to cover my loses.