If mounted upsidedown, does it give the same amount of support, or do you need a mount with a higher weight limit?
asked by Jessica T. on January 21, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 answers
A
votes
You should be able to mount it upside down, though you'd have to make sure the weight didn't pull the grommet through your mount point. It should work otherwise. I wouldn't mount it that way with the clamp.
Matthew answered on January 21, 2013

A
votes
I am currently using this mounted upside down supporting a 26" monitor as it gives me a greater range of motion with my unconventional desk.This also allows s me to use the entire desk top for storage with the monitor acting as a screen. I've had this configuration for several months and no problems yet.
CJ answered on January 21, 2013

A
vote
Yes, but only if the mounting itself is of the same strength. The base material it is mounted must be equally stable.
S. Denham answered on January 21, 2013

A
votes
Yes, this will work installed upside down. Just make sure the mount is very secure.
Marc L. Marton answered on January 22, 2013

A
vote
I have no idea at all in that one. I'm sure it does. Just find a stud in the wasll, of course.
Tennie E. Komar answered on January 21, 2013

A
vote
Don't use the clamp. I bolted mine to the wall. The clamp might work on a desk. I had it on a window and it didn't hold.
Tennie E. Komar answered on January 21, 2013

A
votes
I don't remember that as an install option. This mount will rotate my 25" to full upside down if that helps. There is also an optional extension arm to add clearance from the wall/corners if needed.
Steve
tiogasteve answered on January 21, 2013

A
votes
N/a
Michael Chen answered on January 21, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›