Can this move the mouse (pointer) when not gaming?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 11, 2008 11:18:56 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 7, 2008 1:42:32 PM PST
traycerb says:
title says it all. in addition to emulation control, i'd like to use this (coupled w/ the wireless controller of course) for HTPC stuff in XP (not MCE), which requires moving the pointer around in windows. obvious question perhaps but i'd like to know for sure before buying.

EDIT: Ended up buying this myself, so here's the answer: yes, given you use a joystick/controller software to map to mouse/keyboard movements. I'm using JoyToKey, but apparently Control MK also works. Here's the instructions and mapping for JoyToKey: http://www.hellgateguru.com/forum/showthread.php?p=207337#post207337

EDIT#2: Actually the software xPadder is more versatile and easier to set up. give it a go instead.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2008 1:04:10 PM PDT
Ryan Cole says:
I was wondering this exact thing, thanks for posting the updates after answering your own questions :)

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2008 3:08:45 PM PDT
B. Ma says:
I second the xPadder recommendation. I'm using it with a wired 360 controller and with a little setup (both analog sticks move the mouse at different speeds; arrow keys, mouse buttons, and browser forward/back mapped to the rest of the buttons and triggers) it's more comfortable than using my mouse.

I'm still on the fence about the wireless receiver tho; I have vista home 32bit and am worried about compatibility problems.

P.S. Just remember to disable xPadder when you want to actually use the gamepad in a game that already has mouse support.

In reply to an earlier post on May 5, 2008 2:00:52 AM PDT
Frankie Boy says:
Traycerb, I'd like to use this controller to control PowerDVD (or comparable dvd player software) - have you done this? How is it?

Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2008 5:12:23 PM PDT
Arturo Nuno says:
If you have mapping software that can map out play, stop, skip, search, etc. The yes.

"yes, given you use a joystick/controller software to map to mouse/keyboard movements"

Can you confirm this Traycerb?

Posted on Sep 22, 2010 12:31:35 AM PDT
traycerb, although a little late, thanks for your updates to this very good question.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Feb 11, 2008
Latest post:  Sep 22, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows
Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows by Microsoft
4.5 out of 5 stars   (2,298)