Samsung LNT4665F 46" 1080p LCD HDTV (Old Version)
Used & New from: $450.00
How much do you tip the delivery person/people? Just wondering, how much would/did you tip the delivery people when they bring in the TV for you. I'm getting the 46" TV, and flat panel TVs are not that heavy anymore, and the front door/living room is only 5 steps up for them to put down the TV.
asked by JF on January 27, 2008
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 14 answers
A
votes
it's about 80 lbs, i think. Depending on how great the guy is at delivery, set up, friendliness, etc, I think 5-20 dollars (five if he sucks, 20 if you had a really terrific delivery experience, as I did!)
Amazon Customer answered on January 29, 2008

A
vote
I was expecting they would do more. The guy seemed to be in such a hurry. He only opened the box after I asked, and only took it out of the box after I asked. He told me to keep the boxing materials for 30 days instead of taking them w/ him like others mentioned Eagle would, but that's not a big deal. He definitely didn't help me set up, but I've been doing audio/video setup in a previous job, and very tech savvy so that's no problem either. Just that I didn't have a chance to make sure I didn't get a lemon before he left. I gave him $5, but I felt I should've given him less or none.
JF answered on January 29, 2008

A
vote
$5 was good for the service you got. My delivery person had to navigate up my steep, narrow condo stairs. He then took the time to be sure it was in good shape buy opening it, inspecting it with me, plugging it in to be sure everything was operational, and showing me how to operate the remote. He did recommend keeping the box in case it needed to be returned, which I agreed to do. He also told me about how he recently purchased the same TV and couldn't be happier with it, going over some of the things he loved about it :) All in all, i had a great experience and would recommend Eagle to anyone in CT. I didn't feel like he rushed, and the delivery man gave exceptional customer service.
Amazon Customer answered on January 30, 2008

A
votes
You don't have to and it's not expected: "Tipping is typically not required or expected for appliance delivery, especially if you've already paid for delivery" according to itipping.com on appliance delivery. I'm sure delivery people are grateful for a tip (who doesn't want more money?) but you really aren't obligated. If I were to tip, it'd be if moving conditions were rougher than the normal delivery these guys were expecting (say extreme heat, tough staircases, door frames requiring special manuevering, installing extra mounts, etc.) with an amount not to exceed what I think these guys were being paid per hour. So maybe $40-$50 max if it was extremely rough for a pair.
Chuck answered on May 26, 2013

A
votes
I am having food delivered for a party and the person who is delivering it is also going to set it up in warming trays I much should I tip her....PS the delivery charge is 60$
patricia reddington answered on December 21, 2011

A
votes
Crutchfield has white glove (and calls it that) for "upper end" sets
stlouisbrad answered on March 7, 2008

A
votes
so what kind of delivery could i expect for a tv like this if i dont order from amazon?
eighteesix answered on February 7, 2008

A
votes
CEVA is the new name for Eagle- It's the same company, at least up here in Massachusetts..
D. Davis answered on June 10, 2008

A
votes
all depends on the work they do. Amazon tv people are suppose to do the "white glove' delivery. Bring tv in, set it up, turn it on so you can make sure it works. take away any trash. I also say 5-20 bucks depending on how they do. Of course if you get a bad guy who doesn't want to set it up, or complains, or what ever. Don't give him squat.
James Friel answered on March 29, 2008

A
votes
Does anyone know which delivery company "CEVA" is ... I am getting a 46" delivered from Amazon ("white glove deliver"), but have only heard "Eagele" mentioned as a delivery company. Thanks.
Sameer Mithal answered on March 28, 2008
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›