Will it slow down if multiple devices are connected to it (say, an ipod touch, a desktop computer, and a laptop) at the same time?
asked by Audrey on February 28, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 13 answers
A
I typically have a wireless laptop, two iphones, wired desktop and xbox. I typically run most of those items at one time and I have no issues with it bogging down.
Ms hidden answered on February 28, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have up to 7 devices connected to it at the same time and haven't noticed any significant slow downs. It seems to run consistently the same speed all the time.
T. Prentice answered on February 28, 2013

A
The RT-N66U has hardware that is capable of handling at least 20 devices if not more. I've done local DLNA streaming, Netflix streaming, and online gaming all at the same time and had zero issues.
Taikero answered on February 28, 2013

A
Hi Audrey, I found very little lag with both upload and download speeds while connected to multiple devices. Trust this helps!!
SFNY answered on February 28, 2013

A
I've had multiple devices connected - cell phones, ipad, wii, dvd player, and have not experienced anything other than minor degradation.
bloomieslp answered on February 28, 2013

A
When I first bought the router, I took it home and hooked it up immediately and connected all of my devices and started streaming movies. I had 2 PS3's, 1 desktop, 2 laptops, 1 Ipod, and 2 Iphones 5's all streaming at the exact same time via Netflix/Amazon/Hulu and noticed no lag or choppiness on my 30MB/6MB connection from Comcast.

This router has very good throughput and it should be able to handle most everything you through at it.
R. Kroll answered on February 28, 2013

A
Ours is currently in use by two laptops and a desktop.... We are not all doing super intense stuff at the same moment (like video streaming). Oh, and all three of our smartphones also. I don't notice speed degradation issues.
Lisa Flood answered on February 28, 2013

A
No, I haven't seen any performance drop. We have two iPads and three iPhones plus two laptops all connecting wireless. Oh, and two Roku boxes
Eddie K answered on February 28, 2013

A
I wasn't sure so I tried an experiment. I streamed a netflix movie on my computer. I was talking on Magicjack VOIP phone service. Updated apps on my Iphone and ran a speed test on my Ipad all at the same time. Results were with my wirelesss connection on my Ipad speed test were PING 64 MS, download Speed was 39.27 mbps, and upload speed was 4.98 mbps. Not bad running everything at one. I pay Bright House Networks for 40 mbps connection. Couldn't ever get it with there supplied modem/router.
Hooked on electronics answered on February 28, 2013

A
I haven't checked that. My desktop and xbox are hardwired with ethernet cable though. What are the odds that you're going to be using anywhere near 50 or 100 mbps on more than one device at any given time. Netflix only uses a few Mbps. Simultanious wireless file transfers may slow it down, but i havent tried that.
Ben answered on February 28, 2013
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product