5.0 out of 5 stars A POWERUL piece!, September 2, 2013
In a time when countries seem to find it impossible to settle their differences without taking up arms against one another, this piece, set in the time of WWII, and under the black cloud of Hitler's Nazi regime, provides a sobering reminder of a time when untold atrocities were perpetrated against one portion of humanity by another portion of humanity.

5.0 out of 5 stars Life Changing, September 2, 2011
This review is from: The murder of Lidice, (Paperback)
"The Murder of Lidice" woke me up and moved me out of my secure little comfort zone. As I read the phrase, "Careless America, crooning a tune, please think, are we immune?" I really stopped to think how easily, we as Americans, or any other country for that matter, could so easily have something like that happen in our cities. Yes, this piece was written as propaganda, so its intent is to shock us, but I believe in our society today, we need this kind of shock to wake us up. Most of us are so complacent about our freedoms that we think they will always be there. We believe it is our right to come and go as we please, to live where we want to, eat a generous portion of whatever we choose, etc; but this book scared me into reality. I will never take my freedom for granted. I so heartily concur, "Careless America, crooning a tune, Never let him come here." This should be required reading in all of American high schools.

The murder of Lidice,
The murder of Lidice, by Edna St. Vincent Millay (Unknown Binding - 1967)
Out of stock