my predictions for book 6. spoilers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 153 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 28, 2011 10:46:13 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 28, 2011 10:55:14 PM PDT
Bob Jenkins says:
On the opening page victarion blows the hell horn, the subsequent 452 pages are the horn blowing.

AAAAOOOOOOOHHHHHHH

Followed by 248 pages of cyvasse games

And lastly 476 pages of the words

"Where do whores go?" Repeated roughly 5789 times

The last 12 pages will be blank where the reader iis encouraged to fill in his or her own ending.

More plot advancement would happen that way than in book 5.

Seriously though I feel as if all the characters "almost" did something.

I'm sorely disappointed. Anyone else feel like this? There were a couple shocks but tyrion didn't reach Dany. Aegon is alive? ? Jon didn't do much except die. Nonetheless he will come back half way through the next book. Davis is off to find bran I guess? Sam wasn't mentioned. Jaime didn't do anything. Aryas plotline has completely skewed from the rest, she could be a completely different book from the series. The dragons didn't dance. Infraction they didn't do much. Victarion is still awesome but didn't get to Dany. Quentyn didn't reach Dany. Oh wait he did but it didn't change plot line then he died.

Every character comes back to life. Even the red priest morqorro. ?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2011 6:06:43 AM PDT
K. Stacey says:
There was a deal of character developmentings(TM). Of course Aegon is alive. You didn't mention Bran though.

~K. Stacey
"Readier then a red-cheeked maiden, my friend!"

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2011 9:19:33 AM PDT
Can I do my twelve pages now? It ends with Martin spending his fortune on "Iron Chef Westeros". Martin is the Chairman of course, deck out in a magnificent Raven feather cloak. Tyrion is a food critic who knows what he is talking about. Dany is also on the panel of judges, but all she ever says "ooh this is so good".

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2011 9:28:18 AM PDT
@ Jenkins
I LOLed.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2011 11:15:16 AM PDT
James May says:
Will we see Martin do a stint as a guest on Top Chef of "Braavos" wearing a purple velvet cloak and steel helmet? "Tyrion's Turnips In Butter and Garlic."

Posted on Aug 5, 2011 1:06:55 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 5, 2011 1:07:29 PM PDT
Andrew Jiang says:
I predict a lot of violence will happen in book 6.

That seems to be what this book was all about. Setting up a world of violence in Slaver's bay and Westeros.

Posted on Aug 5, 2011 8:35:24 PM PDT
M Ottaway says:
The year 2016.
A revived Jon rides to Winterfell reaches the castle, end of story
Davos looks and finds Rickon, end of story
Maergary & Cersei are tried for treason, end of story
Jaime & Brienne meet UnCat, end of story
Bran learns more about the Trees, end of story
Sansa meets Harry the Heir, end of story
Arya learns more assasin tricks, end of story
Aegon takes Storm's End, end of story
Dany meets Tyrion and Victarion, end of story
Hardcore Martin fans insist this book is the best they've ever read , the action was relentless and its just a
set-up book for the final novels, end of story

Posted on Aug 6, 2011 12:58:30 AM PDT
Sev says:
I realize that George won't be making a start on writing this until next year, but I'm wondering how long it will be before he makes the admission that he can't finish the series in seven books.

Posted on Aug 6, 2011 3:53:45 AM PDT
James May says:
My prediction is that Book 6 will mention the word turnip 24 times. Should we form a pool? Over/Under? Plus it's 50/50 either myself or Martin won't live to see Book 7. Should we form a pool as to who will finish the series or finish my project to have porta-potties every 7 meters along the Inca Trail?

I would like Ayn Rand to finish it but I heard she's not feeling too well. My project, not the book. My pick for a writer would be Lady Gaga just cuz she's young.

Posted on Aug 13, 2011 2:39:59 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 15, 2011 9:43:30 PM PDT
SPOILER POST (kind of, I mean anyone reading this should have already read the book by now)
At some point I think we will find out that Tyrion is actually not a Lannister though he IS the half brother of Cersei and Jaimie. I think Tyrion is actually half Targaryon. Did anyone catch the hints in DoD of Tyrion's Mom having a Targaryon who was infatuated with her? Also in one of the earlier books Tywin? Lannister says "You must be my son because I can imagine who else's kid you would be" or something like that. . .The way the sentence was placed in the story made it stand out to me. Another reason why I think Tyrion is not a Lannister is because he kills his father and "all the Gods despise a kinkiller" or some such. Robb Stark certainly pays a high price for killing a Karstark and that was a very distant relative who had to be executed. Tyrion on the other hand has nothing but luck, getting out of trouble by the skin of his teeth repeatedly after he kills who he thought was his father. I'm not saying Tyrion's life is easy but he doesn't seem to be getting smited by angry gods as of yet.
I also think the Frey's are about to get thiers, or at least old Walder Sr. will know the feeling of horror and heart ache right before he dies. . .

Posted on Aug 13, 2011 4:08:09 PM PDT
You can't really have spoilers if you don't know what's happening. These are just speculations on what will happen in the next book.

Also, the Gods haven't really shown themselves to be listening to the goings on of Man.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 13, 2011 4:47:26 PM PDT
K. Stacey says:
Except for the Northern Gods who turned out to be people who died a millennium ago. Who knew?

~K. Stacey

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 13, 2011 4:55:59 PM PDT
They've been watching, and they guided a cripple, a mentally handicapped person, and a teenage girl past the wall.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 13, 2011 7:25:33 PM PDT
K. Stacey says:
Von,
Hey, look, no one said that the Gods were good. Think of them like the Greek Gods.

~K. Stacey

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 13, 2011 7:28:15 PM PDT
That's sorta my point. They don't appear to really be doing anything.

I was really hoping that one of the gods in the Faceless Temple would be Khorne. Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 14, 2011 3:08:20 PM PDT
You forgot suffering. It's violence and suffering.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 15, 2011 1:47:02 PM PDT
I don't know if he can do it in seven books, either, but as long as he starts spitting them back out again at a resonable rate I wouldn't mind if he went to eight.

Posted on Aug 15, 2011 1:56:17 PM PDT
James May says:
Lady Gaga has a song coming out called "A Song of Ice and Fire" and Martin makes a cameo in the video as a gnome that gets stolen and photographed in different locales around the world.

Posted on Aug 15, 2011 2:26:23 PM PDT
Everybody Die.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 15, 2011 9:52:42 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 15, 2011 9:54:50 PM PDT
@Vonderlinden, I meant "spoiler post" in the sense that I discussed things that happened in the book such as finding out that there was a Targaryan interested in Tyrion's mother and that Tyrion is for the most part alive and well, that the Frey's are pretty much ok also even though they murdered people who were guests that ate their bread and salt. . .These are little details to be sure but some folks want to be completely surprised when they read these books and I respect that so I was just being careful. I for one stayed far away from these discussions once DoD was released but i still ruined the surprise that Rhaegor's son was still alive by reading these discussions after I finished FoC, long before DoD came out. Whoever called that (K. Stacey?) is one sharp reader! I didn't see that coming at all. . .may be I should stop visiting these threads. . .Oh Amazon I just can't quit you! ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 16, 2011 4:20:20 AM PDT
K. Stacey says:
Don't be alarmed; any hints to Aegon's still being alive were not in the books themselves, but stated in an interview in 2002(2005? They all blend together!). Speaking on that subject, was anyone ELSE disappointed at (1) The choice for Baby Aegon? and (2) The way that he was revealed in the text?

~K. Stacey

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 16, 2011 7:17:39 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 24, 2011 6:47:06 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 16, 2011 12:39:25 PM PDT
Tyrion was looking for Colonel Kurtz but found Aegon instead. The horror....the horror.

Posted on Aug 16, 2011 2:05:45 PM PDT
YES! K. Stacey! Very disappointed. Aegon came out of nowhere, and that's. . .ok I guess but I was hoping for more.

Anodyne, you crack me up! But besides the turtles there were the gray men so that was exciting, Jon Connington is also mildly interesting. . .

Oh, I have another (either painfully obvious or way off the mark) prediction to share. Cersei is definitely going to climb back up in power now that her uncle is gone. She kind of has too to fulfill her prophecy, so I know it's not anything special to see this coming. However, I think that this time around she will be far more calculating and dangerous. More like her father.

I really enjoyed Cersei in a feast of crows, I know everyone hated that book and I agree that it wasn't as good as the first 3 but Cersei was so much fun to hate, and ridiculous at times, you just knew she'd go up in flambes, just how and when where the only questions.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 16, 2011 3:02:23 PM PDT
James May says:
I loved the Cersei sequence in Feast and I too find Connington to be the most convincingly drawn and most interesting of the new characters.

He doesn't eat much.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  44
Total posts:  153
Initial post:  Jul 28, 2011
Latest post:  Jan 1, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
A Dance with Dragons
A Dance with Dragons by George R. R. Martin (Hardcover - 2011)
3.9 out of 5 stars   (8,257)