5.0 out of 5 stars My son loves this
My son has slept with a white noise machine since birth. My husband and I got this specifically for a plane ride and trip out of town. My little guy liked it so much that he continues to tote it around the house with him.
Published 23 months ago by Julie Z Clifford

2.0 out of 5 stars Goes through batteries way too easily
Published 21 months ago by B. Habina

5.0 out of 5 stars My son loves this, January 7, 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars Goes through batteries way too easily, March 20, 2013
B. Habina (Pomona, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: mybaby HoMedics SoundSpa On-The-Go (Baby Product)
We use the Munchkin nursery projector and sound system for our baby every night all night long. We are planning on going on a trip, so I purchased this (thankfully well in advance) to make it easier for travel for $9.99 at a retail store (plus my 20% off coupon i spent $8 on it). I put batteries in the first night (the heart beat noise which we use was different from the one in the munchkin system - i thought all heartbeats noises would be universal) and it lasted through the night, but when i went to turn it on the next day for nap it wouldn't turn on. The next night I put a fresh set of batteries in it & this time I made it through one night of sleeping (11 hours) and two nap (1 hour each) before the batteries were done. As much as i was hoping this would be helpful on vacation if i have to pack a fresh set of batteries for each night and a few extra sets for the day naps, between the space and the weight i might as well just take the one my baby is used to. I was very disappointed with how quickly it used up batteries. I could have gotten my baby used to different noises, and like a lot of the other features it had, and loved the price, but i will go broke buying batteries for this thing!

4.0 out of 5 stars A Great Little Machine, January 17, 2014
This review is from: mybaby HoMedics SoundSpa On-The-Go (Baby Product)
I got this as an alternative to cramming the noise machine in my son's room into the diaper bag for naps on the go. I love it! The sound quality is surprisingly good for such a small speaker, though not quite what you would get from a nicer non-travel one. Still, better than anythings else I've seen at this price, travel or not. Volume controls range from a whisper to a roar. The clip that it comes with is great for hanging it on the handle of the car seat or the side of the play pen. I've been tossing this thing around in the diaper bag for eight months now and it shows no signs of wear. The batteries seem to last quite a while, and with being used for several hours at a time, several times a week, they last me over six months.
The ONLY reason this got four stars instead of five is that the power button can sometimes get pushed accidentally in the bag, and I'll spend the next five minutes trying to figure out what the noise is. This happened so many times that I had to start taking one of the batteries out when it's not in use. This is really only a minor inconvenience since the battery compartment is easy enough to open. Just a slight design flaw.
All in all, I love this thing, and would highly recommend it to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, November 17, 2013
This review is from: mybaby HoMedics SoundSpa On-The-Go (Baby Product)
We keep one of these attached to our sons car seat at all times and when our 2 month old son or 2 year old daughter gets crabby in the car we just turn it on and they both calm down and fall asleep

3.0 out of 5 stars super handy, but not loud enough, July 17, 2013
This review is from: mybaby HoMedics SoundSpa On-The-Go (Baby Product)
love that this will play continuously and I find that the batteries last well, but next to the lamb sound machine, it's half as loud. that lamb blows tho, because of the timer!

5.0 out of 5 stars Relaxing For Baby & Mom + Great Battery Life, December 1, 2013
This review is from: mybaby HoMedics SoundSpa On-The-Go (Baby Product)
I highly recommend this noise machine. Both the white noise and ocean noises are very soothing to my son. It is plenty loud enough as long as it is in the bassinet or carseat with him but not loud enough to fill a whole room. The repeating sound loops are long enough so that it doesn't drive me nutty like the Munchkin brand one does. Most impressive to me is that the batteries last 3 weeks with nightly 10-12 hour use. I have only two criticisms: first, the plastic ring for attaching to the car seat is hard to use and I plan on replacing it with a large carabiner soon. Second, the batteries don't just die but the device gets weaker and quieter as they die. I'd rather they just die outright, but still a great product.

12/05/13 edit: I am using IKEA brand batteries.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT for new babies, December 28, 2013
This review is from: mybaby HoMedics SoundSpa On-The-Go (Baby Product)
I bought this for my third baby. I wish I had it for the other two. My daughter loved the heartbeat sound. I liked that there were four options for sound and the volume could be super quiet or fairly loud. I would definitely recommend this for new moms or as a baby shower present. We hook it on to her car seat and take it everywhere!

5.0 out of 5 stars BUY IT!!!!!, September 22, 2014
This review is from: mybaby HoMedics SoundSpa On-The-Go (Baby Product)
MUST BUY! I have been so excited to write this review because I depend on reviews so much. This is a MUST HAVE!!! I would recommend it over and over again for yourself, your baby, your older children, your parents or your animals! My baby had a car seat hanging toy that played music for about 30 seconds and she loved it but I kept having to pull it to play over and over. So I went in search of something that would play continually and I found this and paid the best $10 ever spent. I hook it to her car seat and it instantly calms her down. I hook it to her rock and play and she goes right to sleep and stays. But most of all, two days after owning it my baby was hospitalized and while screaming from the IV placements etc I pulled this out and she immediately calmed down. All the nurses and doctors were raving about it. Then when she was admitted to a room I played the music during the day and everyone commented on how peaceful our room was. while visiting my parents, my dad watched me put her in her rock and play and hook this to it and he was so amazed at how it calmed her to sleep he wants one for him and my mom. I just can't say enough about this! BUY IT!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price for the quality and portability, January 7, 2013
This review is from: mybaby HoMedics SoundSpa On-The-Go (Baby Product)
Bought this at a baby retailer for half the price...for under $10, this is such a great score! Now I can stop using my IPOD dock radio static and use the white noise feature or ocean option as a replacement. It's awesome that I can use it on the go, too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Life saver- note on battery life, December 28, 2013
This review is from: mybaby HoMedics SoundSpa On-The-Go (Baby Product)
We traveled to grandmas for the week and wanted a good noise product that wasn't super clunky. We had tried apps on our phones and iPads but they just didn't seem to work. This thing is GREAT. It's small and easy to transport but still gives you a few noise options and volume levels. My family is quiet loud and our voices carry as you could not hear anything once this was on. I had read previous reviews that mentioned poor battery life so we had an extra set of batteries with us. 3 aa batteries lasted us 3 days and nights- about 40 hours worth of time before running out. 6 batteries were plenty for our trip. Side plus is that out son liked playing with it during the day too.

mybaby HoMedics SoundSpa On-The-Go