Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: mybaby HoMedics SoundSpa On-The-Go
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Periphery Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 7, 2013
My son has slept with a white noise machine since birth. My husband and I got this specifically for a plane ride and trip out of town. My little guy liked it so much that he continues to tote it around the house with him.
on December 20, 2014
I bought this little unit for white noise in my van for my napping grandson. I didn't really have high hopes that it was going to be great due to the other reviews...but Grandma is a gambler so I ordered it anyway. I'm glad I did. One of the things that I can state with confidence to anyone looking is that this thing does NOT eat batteries. After using it for 2 hours stretches every few days for 3 weeks...I forgot and left it running over night. A full 12 hours later the thing was not only still running, it has been used for 3 more hours since! Now I do buy "good" quality batteries and in my experience it is always worth paying a little more. This unit is plenty loud enough on medium setting to drown out conversation and give my grandson undisturbed sleep. It is also is very portable. The only down side I have experienced is the soporific effect of the heart beat and waves can make Grandma and all the other passengers verrrrryyyyyy sleeeeeepy! Oh am I driving?
on July 22, 2015
The SoundSpa drowns out all the barking dogs, gunfire, slamming car doors, and stomping from the neighbors upstairs.
review image
on January 17, 2014
I got this as an alternative to cramming the noise machine in my son's room into the diaper bag for naps on the go. I love it! The sound quality is surprisingly good for such a small speaker, though not quite what you would get from a nicer non-travel one. Still, better than anythings else I've seen at this price, travel or not. Volume controls range from a whisper to a roar. The clip that it comes with is great for hanging it on the handle of the car seat or the side of the play pen. I've been tossing this thing around in the diaper bag for eight months now and it shows no signs of wear. The batteries seem to last quite a while, and with being used for several hours at a time, several times a week, they last me over six months.
The ONLY reason this got four stars instead of five is that the power button can sometimes get pushed accidentally in the bag, and I'll spend the next five minutes trying to figure out what the noise is. This happened so many times that I had to start taking one of the batteries out when it's not in use. This is really only a minor inconvenience since the battery compartment is easy enough to open. Just a slight design flaw.
All in all, I love this thing, and would highly recommend it to anyone.
on September 22, 2014
MUST BUY! I have been so excited to write this review because I depend on reviews so much. This is a MUST HAVE!!! I would recommend it over and over again for yourself, your baby, your older children, your parents or your animals! My baby had a car seat hanging toy that played music for about 30 seconds and she loved it but I kept having to pull it to play over and over. So I went in search of something that would play continually and I found this and paid the best $10 ever spent. I hook it to her car seat and it instantly calms her down. I hook it to her rock and play and she goes right to sleep and stays. But most of all, two days after owning it my baby was hospitalized and while screaming from the IV placements etc I pulled this out and she immediately calmed down. All the nurses and doctors were raving about it. Then when she was admitted to a room I played the music during the day and everyone commented on how peaceful our room was. while visiting my parents, my dad watched me put her in her rock and play and hook this to it and he was so amazed at how it calmed her to sleep he wants one for him and my mom. I just can't say enough about this! BUY IT!
on March 20, 2013
We use the Munchkin nursery projector and sound system for our baby every night all night long. We are planning on going on a trip, so I purchased this (thankfully well in advance) to make it easier for travel for $9.99 at a retail store (plus my 20% off coupon i spent $8 on it). I put batteries in the first night (the heart beat noise which we use was different from the one in the munchkin system - i thought all heartbeats noises would be universal) and it lasted through the night, but when i went to turn it on the next day for nap it wouldn't turn on. The next night I put a fresh set of batteries in it & this time I made it through one night of sleeping (11 hours) and two nap (1 hour each) before the batteries were done. As much as i was hoping this would be helpful on vacation if i have to pack a fresh set of batteries for each night and a few extra sets for the day naps, between the space and the weight i might as well just take the one my baby is used to. I was very disappointed with how quickly it used up batteries. I could have gotten my baby used to different noises, and like a lot of the other features it had, and loved the price, but i will go broke buying batteries for this thing!
1010 comments| 127 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 17, 2013
We keep one of these attached to our sons car seat at all times and when our 2 month old son or 2 year old daughter gets crabby in the car we just turn it on and they both calm down and fall asleep
on September 22, 2014
Eats up batteries! If you're okay with changing the batteries every 2-3 days, then this won't bother you. But we used it for about 6 months and got sick of it. We used it for a few hours every night putting our daughter to bed. It would stop working while in use - there is no way to really tell that the battery is about to die. We'd have to creep into our daughter's room and change out the batteries - trying our darnedest not to wake her up. Just started using our iPhones after a while and now just ordered a plug in sound machine.
on June 25, 2015
This thing is entirely too quiet. The timer is neat, but in the end it is terrible at the one thing it is supposed to do - play sound. The ocean sound, sounds almost exactly like the white noise. The music is dinky. The white noise set on the loudest setting is so quiet that it hardly competes with the air conditioner. Having read "The Happiest Baby on the Block" I know that the sound needs to be quite loud to get through to a screaming baby. It is also quite a bit larger than it appears online (the main part is about the size of my whole hand). I would not buy it again. Just download a free sleep sound app like "Relax Sounds" instead.
review image
on December 28, 2013
We traveled to grandmas for the week and wanted a good noise product that wasn't super clunky. We had tried apps on our phones and iPads but they just didn't seem to work. This thing is GREAT. It's small and easy to transport but still gives you a few noise options and volume levels. My family is quiet loud and our voices carry as you could not hear anything once this was on. I had read previous reviews that mentioned poor battery life so we had an extra set of batteries with us. 3 aa batteries lasted us 3 days and nights- about 40 hours worth of time before running out. 6 batteries were plenty for our trip. Side plus is that out son liked playing with it during the day too.