Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amethyst Jewelry Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on March 19, 2014
I just received my gunmetal/crystal green polarized Ray-Bans from Amazon. I was never so afraid of a purchase in my life. I made a point to purchase a pair sold directly by Amazon versus a third-party seller. And I'm glad I did! There are numerous reviews claiming that their sunglasses are fake. Rest assured that if you buy the "sold by Amazon.com LLC" styles you have the real deal (be careful when you are selecting sizes/styles, as the seller changes for each that you click on...only certain ones are available directly from Amazon).

I was skeptical of the authenticity because of the huge price difference between local vendors and Amazon ($195 vs. $115, respectively). I've always trusted Amazon, but thought I'd dig deeper. I emailed Ray-Ban corporate, and here's the response I got:

Hello Brian,

Thanks for your email; we appreciate your interest in RayBan.

Please note that Amazon.com is an authorized online dealer of Rayban if the purchase is being made directly from Amazon. If the purchase is made by a 3rd party dealer on Amazon then we cannot guarantee if the product will be authentic. In your case you stated it was a direct purchase so you can be assured that the product you received is 100% authentic.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask us. Again we thank you for your business and loyalty to RayBan.

Regards,
Alex
Customer Care Specialist | Ray-Ban.com

I hope this information helps with your decision! It did with mine! I received the sunglasses today and couldn't be happier!

Thank you Amazon for a great product at a great price!
1717 comments373 of 377 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 12, 2015
I got the all black ones and i absolutely love them. They are half the price of the ones i almost bought at sunglass hut and you can tell they are authentic by the engraved "RB." I think I am going to order another pair!!
review image review image
1212 comments215 of 222 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 23, 2015
I'm sorry to say but these are absolutely fake. They are the best fake Ray Bans I've seen and it fooled me when I received them.

I compared them with one's that I ended up buying from a sunglass shop and found differences between the two. The pictures, from right to left, are pictures I took of the "real, fake, fake(top) vs real(bottom), fake(right) vs real(left), fake, real' pairs of Ray Bans.

Here's what I found about the fake pair...
1. The print on the Ray Ban case isn't perfect like the actual Ray Ban case (the "e" in Protection is smudged and overall the print isn't as clean-cut as the real case)
2. The information cards are different, and are scanned copies of a real Ray Ban information pamphlet (the white type is darker than the original, almost a light gray, and images of sunglass lenses show a wavy texture, indicating that it is a scanned copy)
3. On my food scale (yes, I did weight them because I was very upset and frustrated) the fakes weigh 28-30mg whereas the real ones weight 30-32mg. And when you look at them side by side, you can definitely notice that they are different, even though they are the same style make.
4. I couldn't get a picture that depicted the difference, but the fake lenses have a different gleam on the inside of the lens. I think the fakes are actually polarized, but not to the same quality as the real pair.

I never write Amazon reviews but I was very upset by this purchase and decided to finally write one. I hope this helps anyone looking to buy some Ray Bans! I recommend buying through Groupon or keep searching on Amazon. I ended up buying my pair at a store registered through Groupon.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
11 comment126 of 129 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 1, 2010
I have a pair of new wayfarers which I love, and decided I wanted some aviators. I chose gunmetal grey, g-15 XLT, nice understated color, and not mirror lenses. But beyond being absolutely sure which color I wanted, I ended up being the Goldilocks of sunglasses.

First I got the small 52mm aviators, which ended up being WAY too small for me. I learned the hard way that the mm sizes is not specifically the distance across your face, it's the size of each lens. I have the 52mm in the new wayfarers which fit perfectly, so don't let that lead you to a size in aviators, because the size doesn't translate. So then I got the 55mm in the aviators and they were a tad snug on the side of my face. Then I ordered the 58mm. These seem to be the best choice for me and I realllly love them. They're lightweight and comfortable.

In the end, I learned the mm size will have a little to do with the distance across the face, being the lens get bigger, but it just wasn't as cut and dry as I thought. It's really best to try these on in person before ordering to know which size fits you best. Good luck!
1313 comments484 of 517 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 9, 2015
I am so disappointed to see that the Ray Ban printed on the Glass is chipping out in just a little over one month after I bought it. See the image.
review image
55 comments105 of 110 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 14, 2013
I dont believe these are authentic ray bans. Sticker was not attached when I received the item and the ray ban logo was not sketched in.
77 comments179 of 200 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 24, 2014
I love Ray-Ban sunglasses and have numerous pairs in my collection. I had purchased the flash green-mirrored aviators a few weeks ago from Sunglass Express which indeed were authentic (compared thoroughly with the pairs in my collection). Loved them- beautiful fit & perfect condition.

As I was incredibly happy with this pair, I decided to purchase another pair from Sunglass Express (packaged by Amazon). The pair I purchased were the 55mm Brown Gradient Aviators.

1. It did not come in 55mm, the pair shipped to me were 58mm.
2. They were 100% non-authentic.

Yes, they did have all the signature Ray-Ban markings, BUT I knew as soon as I took them out of the case that the quality did not feel right. I then proceeded to look closer at the sunglasses and although markings were in the correct place, the "RB" which is supposed to be ENGRAVED on the right side of the sunglass frame was simply sketched. The RB was flat, unlike my authentic Ray-Ban aviators, which you can feel with your nail that it is indeed engraved in the glass.

This leads me to... How can a company sell some sunglasses which are authentic & some which are not?

Please, please beware of this simple way to find out if your Ray-Bans are NOT replicas.

DO NOT purchase the Large Metal Gold Gradient Ray-Bans, you will not get what you paid for.
22 comments144 of 162 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 2, 2015
review image
0Comment55 of 60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 30, 2012
I first bought this one on ebay from "smart liquidation" $102, they came in and I knew that they were fake, because i have the real one from sunglass hut. only 4 out of 700 people knew about it being fake and gave him bad feedback, so i had pay $5 to ship it back. that person is making a lot money selling fake ray bans which is illegal. That being said, this amazon seller's sunglasses are 100% authentic when i compared it to the one i have already. and the price is about the same as ebay. I also live in florida and it came in 5 days. even though it said 18 days at least. Best Deal ever since I paid $150 plus tax so $160. Go to sunglass hut try on sunglasses. amazon will have lower prices.
22 comments105 of 122 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 29, 2013
The cover of the sunglasses seems fake. I already own the same glasses. Even the shine of the golden frame is not as good. No authentication certificate with hologram which normally accompanies the ray ban? I am doubtful! Better try & buy from local vendor.
22 comments60 of 68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse