Is this necklace suppose to be worn around baby's NECK 24/7 (during napping, bedtime, bathing, etc)?
asked by Heather on January 14, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 16 answers
A
Wouldn't recommend wearing at night, and no bathtime because soaps can cause buildup on the beads and make them less effective. Naptime would be okay as long as baby is supervised. :)
Beanie answered on January 14, 2013
Comment (1) | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
We don't leave it on 24/7. We always take it off when the girls are sleeping. Not worth the risk of it breaking and causing a choking hazard.
Kelin answered on January 14, 2013
Comments (4) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
We take the necklace off at bath time and when she was under 7 months I wrapped the necklace around her ankle when she slept. If you take it off completely at bedtime then the necklace will not work as well.
jlwright1983 answered on January 14, 2013
Comments (2) | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have never taken it off of my son. He wears his 24/7. It's what you feel comfortable with. You could also wrap it around the babys ankle. As far as bathing goes, soaps and lotions do affect the amber,I am on my 2nd necklace because the first stopped working but only because I leave it on him. Hope this helps!
Angela answered on January 14, 2013
Comment (1) | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
My son wears his 24/7. I have some friends that take their childs off. I also have some that wrap it around the baby's ankle 2 times and then put on the footie pajama's. The beads are individually tied on so it is pretty safe if somehow he broke it. My LO has been wearing it for months, he doesn't even notice it anymore.
stenger answered on January 14, 2013
Comment (1) | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I wouldn't recommend nap time at all. Too much of a risk with suffocation.
J. Linderman answered on January 14, 2013
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
We use it 24/7. Have never had a single problem. It really helps her sleep.
Chouston answered on January 14, 2013

A
I have never taken it off of my son. He wears his 24/7. It's what you feel comfortable with. You could also wrap it around the babys ankle. As far as bathing goes, soaps and lotions do affect the amber,I am on my 2nd necklace because the first stopped working but only because I leave it on him. Hope this helps!
Angela answered on January 14, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
No it's not. It can tighten up around a baby's neck.
Char answered on January 14, 2013

A
My daughter wears it pretty much 24/7,now (she is 16 mos. old and co-sleeps with us and we have had no issues with it). But when we first got it she would only really wear it when she was supervised during the day only (not overnight), you would probably want to remove it during bath time as the water can eventually wear out the cord holding the necklace together (good thing is that it is knotted between each piece of amber so you won't end up with a mess of amber pieces everywhere if it does happen to break). I honestly think she forgets she is wearing it just because it is so light. Please keep in mind that this is my personal experience and not everyone's, make sure your child is not tugging on it or getting it caught on anything as it does not have a break away clasp! Good luck and hope this helps answer your question!
MoonKnight75 answered on January 14, 2013
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product