do I need a Ywa-10bl adapter to make this reciever work to it's fullest??
asked by Patricia A. Miron on March 2, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 12 answers
A
vote
No. You can wait to purchase it if you find you need it
MichaelF answered on March 2, 2013

A
vote
A network connection is handy for upgrading the V573 and the many other devices you are probably using in proximity to your V573 (TV, Blu-Ray, etc). However, as Michael suggested, you can wait and see. My V573 is buried deep among other devices, so I can't easily check whether it has a USB port, which is necessary to power the 10b1 wireless adapter (or you'll need a 5V, 1/2 amp outboard power supply). While I have Wireless capability, I'm not a big fan due to security, so my V573 (and other devices) is/are Cat5e hardwired into my home network system. I assume you are aware the 10b1 is not the only wireless adapter you could use to make the network connection. I have been very pleased with the V573 (and a HTR-5540, RX-V1800 and an older RX-V490); as you might guess I'm a big Yamaha fan - and no, I do not work for the company.
john answered on March 2, 2013

A
votes
No, just hardware the network or like others have said, use any 3rd party wireless adapter.
HD Hockey Guy answered on March 2, 2013

A
votes
No. I dont see why you would need the Ywa-10bl. If the receiver is on the same wireless network with your IPAD or Android you can airplay music, pandora, yamaha app, and use all the features through your wireless network. The better your wireless network, the better the whole system works. I now have two of these receivers.
kbobdelux answered on March 2, 2013

A
votes
no i dont.
Amilzio A. answered on March 2, 2013

A
votes
no idont
Amilzio A. answered on March 2, 2013

A
votes
I just plugged the device directly into the router with an Ethernet cable and it seems to do what I want it to do. I purchased a 25 ft. digital Optic cable so I could plug my PC into it to use my media player as a housewide juke box. Other than that, I don't see any reason for going wireless with it.
Cooligan answered on March 3, 2013

A
votes
.I think this device will ease using airplay network capabilities.Personally,I did not buy it,as I had a wifi extender (netgear,40 dlls.) that I connected to my yamaha 573 and configured to my wifi network.So then,when I am going to play my music from my iphone or ipad,I connect these devices in the same network name.
hsaaved answered on March 3, 2013

A
votes
No. The only reason you would need this is if you wanted to stream music from remote computer (Located on your LAN) to the RX-V573. It is a nice Wireless access point and does come with an additional network port if you wanted to plug in a device that wasnt wireless capable but had a network port in the back and you needed to hard wire it.
quenlin answered on March 4, 2013

A
votes
As long as you can plug the receiver into your home network using an ethernet cable, and your home network includes WiFi (as I assume it does) to connect to your portable devices, then there is no need for a wireless network adapter.
Ross Mendel answered on March 5, 2013
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›