Do I need to buy the whole set to learn?
asked by KristenJeni on February 24, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 answers
A
vote
I would absolutely say yes! I even purchased the Spanish Instant Immersion because I wanted to have it at my work place and be on the go and make sure that I was learning fast.
by Felicitas noel answered on February 24, 2013

A
votes
I would purchase the minimum and make sure you like their method. You can always return it and buy the whole set later. I don't know how anyone could really learn with this program. No grammar.
Cadcrimson answered on February 24, 2013

A
votes
Well that depends on your needs. If you want to tour the spanish-speaking countries, then the basic set is enough. But if you wish to fully learn the language and everything related to it, then the investment for the whole set is worth it.
J. Price answered on February 24, 2013

A
votes
I found the method interesting for one level and then monotonous and boring for the other. It is essentially ONLY teaches you through matching pictures. No videos what so ever! No movies or films to keep you captivated. After the 3rd level, I switched off!
Am Vickers answered on February 24, 2013

A
votes
If the Spanish is anything like the Hebrew, (which I own), you might be better off not buying it at all.
ABOTA answered on February 24, 2013

A
votes
My kids have finished the 3rd lesson and they are trying their spanish on their English as 2nd language friends. Their friends say that they should learn better grammer. Does this mean that 1-4 is enough to be understood or that Rosetta grammer is insufficient? You decide.
Heather B Larkin answered on February 25, 2013

A
votes
I would avoid buying the Rosetta Stone Software. I bought it and it was no better than Instant Immersion which was a fraction of the cost.
Forrest01 answered on February 25, 2013

A
votes
The Rosetta Stone program is a lot of hype. But, I find their program to be a bit pricey. I bought several programs about five or six years ago, planning to use them when I retired. I have had no end of trouble with these. When I went to use them, I got a message that they were no longer supported and they wanted an outrageous fee to bring things up to date. I DO NOT recommend Rosetta Stone. There are many programs out there which are just as good, even better, for a much more reasonable price. I took two years of German in college and the German program from Rosetta Stone does not even come close to giving me anywhere close to what I would need to converse on a daily basis.
Bonnie G. Schwab answered on February 28, 2013

A
votes
No. Buy the first one and see if you like it.
Spanish newbie answered on November 7, 2013

A
votes
You can learn much with less levels, however, do not buy Rosetta Stone thru Amazon unless you are 100% positive you will keep it. I purchased levels 1-2 thru Amazon, liked the program, so month later i purchased the whole set thru Rosetta Stone & returned levels 1-2 to Amazon as I was told i could do but now......Amazon sent the product back to me informing they will not give refund because the software was opened. Unfortunately, at the cost of $300 (price of RS 1-2) i learned Amazon does not accept returns on opened software. I hope this helps....

Btw, Rosetta Stone customer service & tech support (including online chat) are available during normal business hours only.
Grace answered on February 24, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›