So do we need to find season one or is this the real season 1?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 17, 2013 2:29:27 PM PDT
gagm says:
Reading the description or review here on Amazon I am not sure if we need to find the season one Bluray or if this is the real season 1 and not the one that aired as season 1, can someone clarify, thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 17, 2013 11:26:09 PM PDT
Summer says:
Chris Ryan's Strike Back [Blu-ray]
Hi, I entered the product link for the real season 1. The confusion is because "Chris Ryan's Strike Back", aired on BBC first. So I think of it as the first season but many people didn't see or hear about Strike Back until it aired on Cinemax. According to Cinemax, the season they aired called Project Dawn with Michael Stonebridge and Damien Scott is what most people know of as season 1. And what the DVD/Blu-Ray says also. I guess I would think of the BBC series as a mini series. It was shorter and didn't have the same characters in it. If you've watched cinemax's season 1 (in case you haven't I won't give too much information), in the first episode the main character from 'the real season 1', John Porter, is in a small part of it & his name is brought up occasionally throughout the season. But you don't need to watch BBC's Chris Ryan's Strike Back to understand anything that follows it. It is really good though. If you look on imdb.com and put in Strike Back, it will say what is on now is season 4 (which would confuse a lot of people). Imdb.com explains a lot more detailed info about the episodes. I hope that helped you. :)

Posted on Aug 19, 2013 8:48:55 AM PDT
gagm says:
thanks that is awesome, I want to watch that too but I guess it means I can watch the Cinemax version even if I have not watched that other season 1 :). It is a bit disappointing that the bluray does not seem to work on a lot of players including a PS3, but thanks to you I can enjoy the other seasons and hope they release a nonPAL-framerate bluray at some point in the future. Thanks again.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 19, 2013 3:15:39 PM PDT
Summer says:
Your Welcome :)

Posted on Aug 20, 2013 2:40:25 AM PDT
Summer says:
Strike Back [DVD]
Hi I happened to see the DVD of the real first season. I usually only see the region 2 blu-ray. If you happen to have a region free dvd player, this dvd will work on it.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 21, 2013 12:11:35 PM PDT
gagm says:
thanks I know I thought we were over with the region and language issue with the bluray but apaprently the issue with the bluray in this particular case is framerate which apparently screws playback on players like the PS3. I know it is expensive but I really wish studios and studios such as BBC would include more languages on subtitles with their releases now that region locking is no longer an issue we are realizing the real issue is they are just cheap.

Posted on Sep 5, 2013 6:27:44 PM PDT
So this bluray being sold here does not work on ps3?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2013 5:53:58 AM PDT
Summer says:
I didn't know blu-rays were region free. Is that only for the PS3 or are all the newer blu-ray movies region free? The older ones I have usually said A but I just looked at 2 new movies I got and I can't find a region code.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2013 12:10:54 PM PDT
gagm says:
As far as I know at least for the ones sold in Mexico and the US they have the same region and I read somewhere blurays are usually region free, but apparently the season that aired in the UK (not the one on this page but the one my friend was kind enough to point me to) has a different framerate, so it is a matter of the speed they encoded the disc at and not the region (not sure if the speed is somewhat of a legacy issue of encoding for PAL which would make it a little bit of a region thing). I think studios can decide to region lock it but I do not think it is a common practice as of now.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Aug 17, 2013
Latest post:  Sep 6, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Strike Back: Season 1 (Cinemax) (Blu-ray/DVD Combo + Digital Copy)
Strike Back: Season 1 (Cinemax) (Blu-ray/DVD Combo + Digital Copy) by Sullivan Stapleton (Blu-ray - 2012)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (232)