Do you need to play Uncharted 1 to be able to understand UC2

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 11, 2010 11:03:14 AM PDT
Bob101 says:
I've heard that UC2 is a lot better so I'd like to buy that, but I'm worried that I won't be able to understand the plot.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 11, 2010 11:10:33 AM PDT
gamepunk says:
you will be able to understand the plot fine and you don't have to play Uncharted 1 to understand the plot or anything in Uncharted 2. But even with that in mind you should do yourself a huge favor and still play the first one first. It's just an incrediable game.

Posted on Jul 11, 2010 2:15:20 PM PDT
Papa Smurf says:
The second one may be the better one but UC1 is still absolutely amazing. They are both fantastic games. Probably my favorite series along with the MGS and Final Fantasy Series.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 13, 2010 10:42:10 AM PDT
LunarFlame17 says:
Just like the other two respondents said, you do not need to play Uncharted to understand the plot of Uncharted 2. Uncharted 2 really doesn't reference the first game at all, except for having a few of the same characters. That said, both games are amazing, and it's well worth your time and money to buy and play them both. I bought them both after Uncharted 2 came out, and played them back to back, and had a grand time, and can't wait to go back and play them both again.

Posted on Jul 14, 2010 1:09:04 AM PDT
J. Ellis says:
you will enjoy the game more if you play the first... trust me... it will be a joy to see returning caracters after you play the first

Posted on Sep 10, 2010 3:50:48 PM PDT
G. Montag says:
There's not reason not to own both, in my opinion. The price is down quite a bit, you could get them both brand new for the price of one newly released game. Also, if you play Uncharted 2 first, then going back to the original will be a little difficult. Uncharted 2 is clearly supreme to the first.. Uncharted 1 is still a great game however, so it's worth playing that one first, then going to Uncharted 2. You'll appreciate Uncharted 2 much more, also. You'll see just how much more was added, and how incredible it is.

Posted on Oct 12, 2010 7:42:01 PM PDT
Subject7 says:
Everyone here is right. If you're planning on buying Uncharted 2 then you will inevitably be compelled to buy 1. Might as well just do it properly and play 1 first.

Do not resist :D

Posted on Dec 22, 2010 3:41:55 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 22, 2010 3:43:27 PM PST
T. Frye says:
You should play the first one before the second one. Generally, you may understand most of the key elements of the plot in Among Thieves, but you may have a hard time understanding the less important details that were established in Drake's Fortune.

PS: In terms of how good each game is, BUY BOTH!!!!!!! YOU NEED TO BUY BOTH!!!!!!!! I DON'T CARE IF YOU HAVE DOUBTS, GET BOTH GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on Dec 22, 2010 9:23:39 PM PST
Regame4 says:
Go ahead and get both games. I played both in order this year and while you won't necessarily need to play the first, you'll appreciate the games a lot more as a whole.

Posted on Apr 5, 2011 12:53:02 PM PDT
Jimi says:
I'm going to go against the grain. Rent the first, buy the second.

Posted on Sep 25, 2011 9:15:08 PM PDT
S. C. Smith says:
The first game is well worth a play through. I just re-played it and it was a lot of fun. Better than I remember in 07'.

Posted on Jun 14, 2012 10:00:17 AM PDT
T. Sawhney says:
The only thing you won't get is who Elena is.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  12
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Jul 11, 2010
Latest post:  Jun 14, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - Playstation 3
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - Playstation 3 by Sony Computer Entertainment (PlayStation 3)
4.8 out of 5 stars   (855)