Do I need to buy a wax seal, and if so what size/kind?
asked by S. Muench on December 19, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
Yes. Size is standard but do get a seal with a flange.
RJR answered on December 19, 2012
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes , as I mentioned in my review, it does not come with a wax seal or replacement flange bolts. They basically Fit 3 in. and 4 in. rubber boots in the flange, so unless you have an odd sized flange, any standard sized ring you can pick up in the hardware or home improvement store will work. If you are doing the work yourself, I recommend a reinforced ring for extra support of the wax during placement. If your flange is even with the floor a standard thickness ring will be fine. If it is recessed in the floor they sell a extra thick ring for that application. They also sell ring kits that include new Closet bolts and nuts for the flange in case the old ones are really rusted. (caused by little boys with bad aim) I hope this helps.
Gerry K answered on December 19, 2012
Comment (1) | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
In the toilet kit I purchased from Home Depot the wax ring was included. I don't know about the toilet being sold here. My installer did say that with the tile flooring the wax ring that came with the toilet was just barely thick enough, so it depends on the level of the floor vs the flange that the toilet is bolting to, the shorter the distance the more likely you are to need a thicker gasket. Google toilet wax ring and you will get lots of info and even a video or two.
Tom Dowd answered on December 19, 2012
Comment (1) | 2 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes, you will need a wax seal - or the new type of seal / connector I found on the web - that is integrated and simply sticks to the toilet and into the waste pipe. I cant remember the name and don't have any documentation available. It is a one piece wax seal replacement and works very well and is much simpler to mount the toilet over the waste pipe.

The Dual Flush works well and we have never had a problem with it. Good luck and Happy Holidays!
IndyMotorsports-Guy answered on December 19, 2012
Comment (1) | 2 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes, you will need a wax seal - or the new type I found that is integrated and simply sticks to the toilet and into the waste pipe. The Dual Flush works well and we have never had a problem with it. Good luck and Happy Holidays!
IndyMotorsports-Guy answered on December 19, 2012
Comment (1) | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product