do u need a separate baby monitor to hear baby cry?
asked by Helene Greenberg on November 1, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 23 answers
A
Yes
MK answered on November 2, 2012
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I think that would depend on the way your bedrooms are situated. I would think if you are able to hear the snuza go off, you are able to hear the baby cry. I have chosen to use a monitor in addition to the snuza for my own piece of mind.
Jenni Thomson answered on November 2, 2012

A
Yes, I have a video monitor as well. I can hear the Snuza alarm very well through the video monitor.
Angie Williamson answered on November 2, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes. The Snuza monitor only monitors movement and sets off an alarm if the baby doesn't move. It does not have any microphones that would detect the baby's crying.
Tanya T Stankunas answered on November 2, 2012

A
Yes you would need a separate monitor to hear the baby. This is for movement/breathing only. It cannot detect sound. I use this along with the Motorola video monitor.
Apes answered on November 2, 2012

A
Yes. If you wanted to hear the baby you would need a separate monitor. The Snuza Halo only monitors the baby's breathing. There is a flexible tip at the top (the blue part) that has a sensor in it. Everytime the baby breathes and her tummy expands it triggers the sensor. If a period of time goes by without a trigger, the alarm will sound. The alarm is pretty loud and you could hear it without a monitor if your rooms were close to eachother. I dont know if I would trust it to be loud enough (without a sound monitor) if we were on opposite ends of a hallway or on separate floors. If you can hear your baby cry from where you are, you will definetly be able to hear the Snuza's alarm. We tested the alarm by turning it on but not putting it the baby and standing in different places in the house so we knew where we could hear it and where we couldnt.
OutdoorsFamilyMan4 answered on November 2, 2012

A
Yes this really works if you are in the same room. If it's quiet you can hear the alarm go off some rooms away but I also have a separate monitor for sight and sound.
Chloe1498 answered on November 2, 2012

A
Yes, we used this and would hear the alarm through the monitor. I would definitely suggest both.
E. Merkys answered on November 2, 2012

A
nope, this alarm will sound by itself, it's VERY loud. If no movement is detected after so many seconds, the rubber tip will do a hard vibrating movement against baby's tummy to stimulate them, then if still no movement, the alarm will sound
Jamie K. Kendall answered on November 2, 2012

A
Yes. This monitor is only for baby's movement. We recommend summer infant video monitors. We have them and know a lot of others that do also. We are happy with it! I can honestly say that the snuza is one of the best investments we have ever made. Ever.
JMM-Mom answered on November 2, 2012
‹ Previous   1   2   3   Next ›

See all questions about this product