Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Customer Discussions > Living Proof forum

Why does Buddy never finish his songs in concert and/or goof around too much ?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 26, 2010 12:05:17 PM PDT
J.P. says:
I have seen Buddy Guy at least 3 times and he hardly ever finishes a song and/or goofs around alot? Does anybody know why?

Posted on Nov 2, 2010 1:43:04 PM PDT
J. Williams says:
I've seen him 5 times and have grown weary of the same thing. Last time I saw him, he went to leave the stage but then suddenly decided to play one more. He played a little bit of the song, then left. No encore. A bit frustrating.

Posted on Nov 3, 2010 10:19:54 AM PDT
Johnny G says:
Uhh, I think it's called transendence. Or send you into a dense trance. Whatever you call it, Buddy still got it!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2010 8:45:26 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 10, 2010 8:45:48 PM PST
MPQ says:
I stopped going to see him because of this. Way too much flash, not enough serious blues. he goes out in the audience forever. It's good for a few minutes, not 20. I come to see him play and sing, not screw around.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2010 9:10:41 PM PST
icecube says:
he does it because u fools allow it.

Posted on Nov 24, 2010 5:05:44 AM PST
Ryno says:
I think that's what makes Buddy original. He does it to put on a great show. If you dumb people show up to hear a song played just the way it is on the album then you obviously miss the point of what playing the blues is about.
B.B. King doesn't just sit and play a bunch of songs, he likes to tell stories along with those songs. That's the kind of show he puts on.
If you just want to hear a bunch of songs then don't waste your money, stay home, and just listen to your albums. Otherwise enjoy the SHOW. IT'S ROCK AND ROLL.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2010 6:37:56 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 24, 2010 6:39:23 AM PST
Luca Lupoli says:
Because Buddy has the status to do that: he is one of the last icons of the Chicago Blues, he made a bunch of unforgettable records and he still is, at 74, one of the top guitar players around. Last time I saw him in concert, I tried to get his signature on one of his most recent CDs, I was regularly accredited in the backstage and he was going to call the security because I bothered him ... Said that, in my opinion, "Sweet Tea" is easily the best blues record since the beginning of the new century.

Posted on Sep 9, 2013 9:26:09 AM PDT
The Wizard says:
I think Buddy's best work was his Vanguard Recordings from the mid 60's. I think he is more of a 'showman' now, and deservedly so. He is one of the last links to the delta. He has paid his dues. What he is currently doing for 14 year old prodigy, Quinn Sullivan, is so gracious. God Bless Buddy Guy!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Living Proof forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Oct 26, 2010
Latest post:  Sep 9, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Living Proof
Living Proof by Buddy Guy (Vinyl - 2010)
4.7 out of 5 stars (125)