Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now DOTD

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 4, 2010 5:07:58 AM PST
I have Classic Galactosemia, and I have spent years compiling my favorite milk free recipes. After I graduated from college, I decided to put these recipes together in a cookbook, then I filled it with beautiful photographs and called it, Not a Drop of Milk... (or Soy). It is now available on Amazon!
Here's the link;
Not a Drop of Milk...: (or Soy)
The book contains the milk free recipes that I enjoyed throughout my childhood including recipes for ice cream, custards, cakes, breads, "creamy" soups, and many other dishes - none of which contain either milk or soy products.
The ice cream recipes are almond milk based, and are as good as any premium milk based ice cream on the market. I have recipes in the book for custard, flan, pastry cream and pudding that are truly astounding. I know, because I have lived without milk products my entire life that these are often categories of foods that people with Galactosemia have to live without. My goal was to create recipes within these traditionally off-limit categories that are as good, if not better than, the milk based dishes that I am replicating. My recipes are unique because not only are they delicious, but they also make a beautiful presentation.
My primary goal in writing this book was to be able to share these recipes with others who have had to "do without" as I know how hard it can be to have to say, "No thanks, I can't have any..." when what you really want to say is, "Yes, please!"
I believe others with Galactosemia, as well as their parents and friends, will enjoy my book and its wonderful milk and soy free recipes. Please check out the book on Amazon and if anyone is interested in buying ten or more books, please email me and I can give you a bulk-discounted price. I hope you and your families will enjoy my recipes!
Kristin Reilly
notadropofmilk@gmail.com
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  1
Total posts:  1
Initial post:  Dec 4, 2010
Latest post:  Dec 4, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Gluten-Free Baking Classics
Gluten-Free Baking Classics by Annalise G. Roberts (Paperback - April 6, 2006)
4.6 out of 5 stars (446)