The next phase of Project Prometheus is coming...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-15 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 9, 2012 7:25:50 AM PDT
StumblingITK says:
This came online today - http://www.whatis101112.com

If you post it to Facebook in the preview section it says -

"The next phase of Project Prometheus is coming..."

Posted on Jun 9, 2012 11:51:59 AM PDT
I saw that date too and wondered what it meant. It is at the very end of the movie. I think it was the last thing shown.

Posted on Jul 8, 2012 5:17:11 PM PDT
Fred says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Jul 15, 2012 11:58:29 PM PDT
your last name wouldn't happen to be Phelps, would it?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 23, 2012 6:59:58 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 23, 2012 7:10:30 AM PDT
sid viscous says:
Freds comment is valid. I know some who have seen the movie feel the same way. Surely more who haven't will something something darkside. Eventhough you shouldn' expect authentic interactions with posts like that.
In the year of yours or whomevers lord

Posted on Sep 23, 2012 7:06:05 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 23, 2012 7:30:37 AM PDT
sid viscous says:
Sorry for those of you who can't stand this first prequel of an origin trilogy(sic). Lucas lovers still have a bad taste in their mouths that might never leave.
Enough of us have probably pushed the sequel up from a 2015 to a 2014 release(sic).
That is the next phase...
Troll Right

Posted on Sep 23, 2012 3:30:42 PM PDT
Anthony G. says:
Honestly, the only way they can make up (halfway, because some of the things in this film are unforgivable) for the first act is to show act two in October 2012 in the movie theaters...if ever a series should have been filmed all together, or at least both Act I & Act II, it was this film series...it was SO ANNOYING being left on that planet w/ Shaw flying away to the Creators homeland (Paradise), and showing that "Deacon" in a very unrelated scene to the rest of the film...this film should have been a complete film in itself, with very little present-tense questions left to the viewer...otherwise it was nothing more than a set-up to other films, and really doesn't have enough depth in Act I to justify me investing myself in two more stories when the first one wasn't completely satisfying...the film was an absolute "half-success" and a "half-failure"...I was so disappointed.

I have a very sinking suspicion that those edited/missing 20 minutes may have detracted from the story, characters, and overall execution of the film's main points...no Sci-Fi movie that's missing 20 minutes is in a good way.

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 8:20:46 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 24, 2012 8:24:42 AM PDT
sid viscous says:
What about the part where he crashes Prometheus in to the engineer ship... some commentors loose sight of the movies broadest strokes.
I hope there's a tv show in the works

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 12:46:22 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 24, 2012 12:49:13 PM PDT
Anthony G. says:
My biggest problems w/ the film: Many of the characters actions were very stupid ("Charlie, don't be stupid.")...breathing an alien world's inner atmosphere...getting lost in a cave, when you're the map-maker/direction aficionado...going bat-crap crazy over the idea of discovering alien life on the planet (hello, was no one briefed as to why they were going on a 2 1/2 year voyage to LV223?)...then being completely retarded for scientists -- and just for humans-- by not respecting the personal space of a snake worm, and being shocked when it attacks (Ugh!)...not being suspect of a dead crew member's corpse crabbing its way back to the outer door of the ship...making the "big leap" conclusion that the planet was really a military installation for WMD, and then happily-sacrificing your life on that assumption...and I'm still not sure if you could perform surgery on yourself and be able to walk, let alone run after the ordeal...running in a straight line, when you should have been running sideways...and I'm not sure if I would want to travel to a planet that could harbor more horrors, all alone w/ a turncoat android, when I could take that same ship back home...but, by that point, Eli had pretty much lost everything she ever relied upon.

The scariest part is that Ridley has no idea where the story will go after this...thank Lindleof for that trap...which means yet again the questions are rather insurmountable for the answers to make complete, rational sense, because the writers weren't concerned w/ answering the questions, just the putting forth of those questions...I'd of preferred the movie to be a complete film in itself w/ the option of sequels in the way that ALIEN was a separate story/film in and of itself.

Still...hopes spring eternal...but, I'll have to hear about PARADISE from reviewers and other movie-goers long before I even contemplate throwing down money to see it. The tragic part is, we might all owe it to ourselves to see the sequel, just so we can truly, correctly evaluate PROMETHEUS (which is what I said to myself and the people I went with when I walked out of the theater)...again, Ugh!

Posted on Sep 25, 2012 8:37:51 AM PDT
sid viscous says:
U guys who find the time for critical nonsensical reviews will find the time to see the sequel... and you still won't enjoy it, THAT BEING SAID, DOESN'T EVERYONE WANT THEIR PARENTS DEAD

Posted on Sep 26, 2012 8:04:27 AM PDT
sid viscous says:
The deacon's gonna die in the first ten minutes of prometheus2 and alluv you will cry because you didn't get to see the new alien run around, after you waited so long(sic)...

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 9, 2012 9:16:37 PM PDT
Wayne Klein says:
Actually, according to Scott he knows EXACTLY where the sequels will go in terms of the story pay off. Now, whether or not you enjoy the ride is another matter entirely....

Posted on Oct 10, 2012 12:01:55 AM PDT
sid viscous says:
As long as he doesn't let j cameron in on the sequel...

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 10, 2012 1:14:48 PM PDT
Anthony G. says:
Oh, yes. He may know where the story links to 1979's ALIEN...but does he have any idea how it's going to "gel" w/ the overall plot (meaning less questions and more answers, and no quizzical actions by the characters)...otherwise, Lindelof and Spaihts (spelling)) would've already had acts II and III already drafted. Honestly, the only way this would've totally worked is if PARADISE had come out on 10/9/12...PROMETHEUS and PARADISE probably should've been made all at the same time the way The Lord of the Rings trilogies were/are. The fact that even the DVD has 28 minutes that really DO (The "engineer's" actions make a lot more sense now) explain a lot more lets us know how this film could've been MUCH better w/ some serious "tweaking". I can't believe you can only see the extras w/ the Blu-Ray 3D...that sucks.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2012 6:14:59 PM PST
Ryan says:
What's it matter if Mr. Deacon dies? He's just there to say "Hey. Xenomorphs are a human evolution path in this universe."

Xenomorphs already exist in Prometheus, and yet another birthed on the derelict of Alien.

The Engineers were trying to turn Earth into a Xenoworld when their bioweapon goo fell back on them...
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  15
Initial post:  Jun 9, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 24, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Prometheus (Blu-ray 3D/ Blu-ray/ DVD/ Digital Copy)
Prometheus (Blu-ray 3D/ Blu-ray/ DVD/ Digital Copy) by Noomi Rapace (Blu-ray - 2012)
3.6 out of 5 stars   (3,949)