Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Generic NP-FM50 Np-f330 Np-530 Np-f550 Np-f570 Np-f730 Np-f750 Battery Home Travel Charger
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on February 27, 2011
I received this produced plugged it into the wall after a few minutes heard a pop smelled a burnt smell from the product. It didn't work anymore, sent an email to the seller and never got a response.
on January 14, 2012
I bought this very cheap charger to charge a Sony NP-F550 lithium battery that I only use in my Neewer 160 LED camcorder light. I do not have the Sony camera and charger to charge and check the state of the battery, only this $4 charger. The charger came with absolutely no instructions - zero - nada - nichts! It has a LED that can be green, red and sometimes yellow - but what do these colors mean? You have to guess! When is the battery fully charged and ready to be removed from the charger? You have to guess! Does it even know when the battery is fully charged, and to stop charging the battery to avoid cooking it? You have to guess the answer to this one too! On the outside of box are printed some very limited characteristics of the charger. It is supposed to charge a 4.7 volt battery in 2.5 hours. This is totally misleading. My 4.7 volt battery takes more than 4 hours to reach a state of charge anywhere near "full". The LED stays solid red whenever the battery is in the charger - at the start and 5 hours later. It seems to just keep charging the battery to death. The charger also runs very hot, especially the underside where it will get no ventilation if you mount it flush against a wall power outlet as you are supposed to. No wonder several reviewers complain that it "pops" and starts smoking after a while. I power mine through a short extension cord so the underside can be exposed to the air for better cooling. And I stay in the room all the time it is connected to power, in case it catches on fire. You cannot leave this device unattended. That all said, it is cheap and $4 won't break the bank if you have to toss it in the garbage after a while, to join appropriate company. It works for me (sort of), but I do not feel it deserves more than 2 stars.
on December 26, 2012
I bought this to recharge the batteries for my LED lights. The probes that connect with your batter are super cheap and just a piece of thin metal folded over. It worked though. I unknowingly purchased an identical charger almost a year later from a different brand - Synergy. The ---Mini Battery Charger Kit for Sony Camcorder Batteries with Fold-In Wall Plug, Car and EU Adapters--- It's ALMOST identical. It about three dollars cheaper and... guess what the probes for charging are a much better design and both batteries that fit into feel MUCH more secure. I only discovered this because THIS unit from Bargaincell broke when it fell 2 feet onto a cement floor.

So save your money. Buy a cheaper BETTER built charger.. the Mini Battery Charger Kit for Sony Camcorder from Synergy
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon January 19, 2015
I purchased this battery charger to recharge the battery for my Neewer LED camera light. You can find my exhaustive review here http://goo.gl/AXhoOw. The build quality is nice and it can be used in a car's DC charging port too. I have no complaints and would buy again if I had the need for two battery chargers of this type. I also like how the power plugs flip down while not in use. That makes it less likely to become hung inside of a bag while traveling.
review image
on December 14, 2013
I needed this product for the NP-f750 Canon battery to charge, and although the description said this is what it was, it did not fit that battery. The slide on adapter looks like they make many to fit different batteries based on what you order, so maybe somebody cannot read and incorrectly put the wrong adapter in the package? I dont know, and frankly, its not that hard to read an order form and put the correct stuff in there.

I wish I had gotten the correct stuff as I really needed this product. They did refund my purchase, and I have the charger which does me no good. I wont reorder though because I dont need another door stop, I need a battery charger.
on July 23, 2013
This GENERIC Replacement (rapid travel) Charger by Progo CHARGES my Sony Replacement Lithium-Ion Battery NP-F550 in about 5 hours from a fully drained state. So, I question the word "RAPID." It holds the battery nicely and has an AC plug that swivels out of the way into the unit for handy storage. That I like. There is an LED "Charge" indicator light that indicates charging (red)/charged (green.) It comes with a car charger cable. Since I have not used this extra cable, I cannot comment on it.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon February 13, 2015
I have a bunch of chargers usually at least two for each camera and considering that this isn't an OEM product I think it's particularly well made. I like that there's some heft to the unit and that the seams are even and tight. An especially nice touch is that the wall prongs swing out form the side as opposed to up and down which is the case for most every other charger I have.

The problem with this is I can't tell you how many times I got to push a charger in the socket and the prongs fold back down. Intentional or not this design makes a lot more sense.

As for charge time there are so many variables involved that determine charging times. O ordered this along with a Sony NP-F550 battery arrived completely drained (I tested it) and took 4.5 hours for a full charge which in my book isn't bad.

It arrives in a generic box along with a car adapter and a small sheet of instructions. I use it almost every day and it works just fine as for the price less than five clams and Free Two Day Shipping with your Prime membership how can you beat it?

Highly Reccomended
VINE VOICEon September 26, 2015
It's not the most rigid unit you've ever seen, but as long as it works, it's a huge bargain. It's got a built in standard wall plug, and a lighter plug for an automobile. I've only just begun using it (with a similar bargain Sony-compatible battery pack) and, what can I say... it charged fine. Very good price. I'd recommend it to any casual user... a professional, who travels with his gear might want to look for more expensive, but sturdier units.

3.5 stars on its own, 5 stars considering bargain price
on April 21, 2015
It does what it's supposed to. I ordered two of these, and I don't know if I received one bad one. I charged two batteries overnight. In the morning one of the chargers' light was green while the other charger's light remained red. I plugged the battery from the charger with the red light on to a device that could tell me charge level and it indicated it was fully charged. So it charged.

Overall, I like it's compact size and low price.
on June 12, 2015
The nice Eshop NP-FM50 Np-f330 Np-530 Np-f550 is a great buy with free shipping.
This item works just like your original charger but, with a few extras added. You get
the home charger and a cigarette lighter charger for your car as well. With a cheap price
and free shipping, you can't go wrong. It's a hard to fine item that is well made and cheaply
priced too, what else can you ask for...