5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what you want it to do, for the price
Published on November 27, 2011 by B. Marold

3.0 out of 5 stars Limited measurement
The checker does determine if the battery is dead or alive - but does not give a good range of the measurement
Published 21 months ago by Shore Al

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what you want it to do, for the price, November 27, 2011
This review is from: niceEshop Universal AA AAA C D 9V Button Coin Battery Tester Checker (Misc.)
I had two smoke / carbon monoxide detectors start cherping at me at about the same time (bought them together) and I thought their batteries were running down. No. I put in fresh batteries, and they still chirped. Well, with the cost of batteries, I did not want to throw away batteries because my smoke detector wasn't fixed by them. So, I ordered this little beauty, for about the cost of two to four batteries. If it saved me the cost of that many cells, it paid for itself within 30 minutes after I unwrapped the little fella. Now, I'm hoping that it does not have any builtin battery which will wear out. If I hang on to this for a few years, it will probably pay for itself about five times over.

If the battery is good, the needle pegs to the right. If the battery is bad, the needle is sluggish and barely gets halfway over the meter range. Easy peasy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great, June 21, 2012
This little device is worth double the price. I've already used it on watch batteries, AAs and Cs. I am a big fan of watches and flameless candles which mean I purchase a lot of batteries. Fortunately, all their batteries last a really long time but when it's time to switch them out and the results aren't favorable, it's nice having a device which helps me detemine if it's the battery or the object. On top of all that, this supplier is awesome. My tester shipped the same day my order was placed and arrived in like three (3) days or so. Yes, I know the arrival part was USPS (Go Postal Service!!!) but the supplier got my order out, ASAP.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap battery tester, January 23, 2013
B Farris (Boulder, Colorado United States) - See all my reviews
For about 3$ with free shipping from the fa East, it actually works. It feels cheap, but it is cheap. It is not a precise instrument, but checking household batteries it works fine. I do not know how long it will last, but for the price, I am glad I bought it. It checks a variety of batery sizes from 9 volt, AA, AAA, C and D sizes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad considering the price, May 26, 2013
I already have a battery checker from Radio Shack. The reason I purchased this one is that the Radio Shack device can't check button batteries while this one can. The Radio Shack tester costs ten dollars and seems to be quite accurate. This tester costs one fourth the price and I can understand why it does. Using the Radio Shack checker, a fully charged AA, AAA. C, D, or 9 V battery will indicate that the needle is at the far right end of the "Good" area. Using this checker, the same battery will show the needle in the middle or lower end of the same area. In other words, this battery checker will still indicate the battery's condition fairly well but it isn't as accurate as the more expensive model. I have no way to check the accuracy of this model regarding button batteries but I think it would be similar to the other batteries mentioned.

For around two and a half bucks, I have no major complaints. It isn't as accurate as a more expensive model, but it's still quite acceptable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Okay for the money., March 15, 2013
I purchased this tester to test batteries and it seems to fine. It is a little clumsy trying to hold the battery in place during the testing time.

3.0 out of 5 stars Limited measurement, March 21, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Battery Tester, December 2, 2012
While this battery tester works, it feels flimsy. It is a little awkward holding the batteries between the jaws to measure, but again it does the job and it was low cost.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great little battery tester., January 31, 2013
A very handy tool at a great price. It is fast and accurate. It was worth the wait to get.

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, September 28, 2012
I paid more in shipping than this cost. However, it works like a charm and does exactly what it is supposed to do. Who can argue with that? Easy to use, easy to store.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not order this product - it's a pile of crap!, August 5, 2013
This product is so cheap, not worth the small price. It does not work, shipping took over 1 month and it arrived with broken pieces moving around inside.