Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

on January 23, 2014
The first day after receiving this product I noticed the tip of one of my drawing pencils sticking through the bottom of the center pocket, it having poked through the stitching holding the bottom together. This was a simple enough problem to repair, but not long after I noticed another pencil attempting the same escape and stitched it together as well. I am currently on the third tear in the stitching and convinced that when my arthritic hands will allow I will simply have to sew up the entire bottom of the pockets.

Other than that, each pocket can fit about six pencils side by side, granting a total of eighteen all together, (there are claims on here of higher, and you can probably fit twenty-four pencils total in it, but they will be bunched up and kind of defeat the purpose of having this kind of case) the pockets are also a little deep, so shorter pencils will slide down inside and need to be fished out, the material feels cheap, but unlikely to rip or tear, the map design is too dark to be seen against the color of the material except in direct sunlight, the lace that wraps around it feels strong enough and the clamps that hold it seem to be doing their job.

Overall this product is pretty poor, cheaply made and unlikely to last long. I will probably continue to use it, but only until I can make my own replacement for it.
on March 31, 2014
After perusin' th' other reviews, I procured th' map with th' Jolly Roger pendant (skull & crossed swords).

`Tis so nice, tha' I`ve decided nay t' use it fer anythin' other than decor. It be restin' next t' me nautical armillary sphere, waitin' fer th' day we'll weigh anchor & shove off, on a fine tide.
on December 3, 2013
WOW. Where to begin? I love these for so many reasons. I am giving as a gift to my husband, a HUGE Pirates of the Caribbean fan. I will wrap up a gift card in one, and tickets for a special gift somewhere for him (surprise) in another. Absolutely lovely, the way the map is "burned" tattooed into the "leather" and looks so realistic. A must have for any Pirates fan, or collectible for a nice way to give a gift it. HIGHLY Recommend this lovely item.
on June 14, 2014
This is a very unique looking pen, pencil, marker, highlighter, school supply holder. It is a conversation starter at Starbucks and is very nice. Not just very nice for the price, but very nice, period and the cheapie price only helps it's 5-star rating. Once the leather wears in, this will be very cool looking (it is already, but worn a little will be even better).

Right now I have some Frixion Ball Slim pens in it, and they aren't very big, just 5.5" long. The pockets are about 7" long (total of 8" from the top) so they can fall down in there, but the grippiness (not a word, children, but ought to be) of the leather holds things where you put them pretty well.
on August 18, 2014
I was torn on what sort of rating to give this product. It is really cool & the little guy that I bought this for is absolutely going to love it! Based on that information alone, I really wanted to give the product 5 stars. However, I was forced to knock it down to 3 stars, because when we received it, it reeked! It smelled like a dead animal when you opened it up. We sprayed Febreeze on it & it seemed to curb the stench, but we'll have to see what the long-term situation turns out like. If it continues to smell, I'm more likely to throw it out & find something else for the kiddo.
on August 30, 2015
ugh I wish I could give this a better review! I LOVE this item but someone didn't think it through all the way. When you use the attached leather strap to close it up it rubs on the scroll leaving lines in the map. So i'd be afraid to take it anywhere and have it in a backpack or bag because I feel it will be scratched and or rubbed a lot.

Also I love how the map is burned into the leather, although I don't know if it's just on mine but I feel as if it's hard to see it as if the leather needed to be a lighter shade so you can actually see the map and words.

Other then that this has awesome design, as well as high quality. It's sewn nicely, as well as it seems durable. I'm not worried about the pendant falling off at all so thats a relief.
on February 28, 2016
Our Family has a camp out in October every year . This is called our Fall Festival . We always have our festival near Halloween . We have costumes games treasure hunts gifts food and more . I bought this for four boys age ranging from 8-13 . They all loved this . When you unroll this there is a print of a treasure map on it . On the opposite side it's a pencil holder ! Great Gift for a party favor !
on January 6, 2014
This was really inexpensive so it was the perfect choice for a prize at a pirate themed party. However, when it arrived, I was pleasantly surprised at the quality. Well stitched and not plastic-y, the design is great and the subtle map design on the outside is great. I would most assuredly buy this again, maybe even for myself.
on September 3, 2015
I bought this Retro Vintage Pirate Treasure Map pen/pencil holder for my husbands birthday (the beginning of Sept.) When I gave it to him he thought that it was such a neat idea. It is well made and the design on the back is that of a real treasure map. I am kind of jealous because I got a totally different pattern for myself and I think that the pirate design is genius! It holds about 10-12 pens with out over stuffing. He is happy... so I am happy! Thanks Akezone~
on May 29, 2014
Had this pencil roll for a couple of days unrolled airing out. It is nicely made for the money and looks good. Only problem it smells like fish. For sure, without a doubt, this is made from P.U. leather canvas. I think Charlie tuna met his fate, sorry Charlie.