nikon 55-200 instant rebate won't apply I have tried to enter the nikon promo code but it won't apply. It should be $100 discount but it won't apply. can anyone help?
asked by A. Major on November 30, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 answers
A
need to purchase the lens in conjunction with a Nikon DSLR or package. When going through checkout, at the next to last page, it asks you for the promo code. If it doesn't take it, make sure that it hasn't already been applied. You should see $100 in the "gift card and promotional" fund, and it asks you whether you want it applied to your purchase (check box). I purchased my D3100 with the standard 18-55 lens, added the 55-200, and got it for $96. Great deal. Total cost of the package, camera, two lenses, case and DVD instructional video's (also free) $700. unbeatable.
M. Gray answered on January 25, 2011
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
If you go to the Nikon D3100 kit page on Amazon, you will see a text box directly below the delivery options that says: "Buy this Nikon DSLR, Save up to $250 on a Qualifying NIKKOR Lens". Hit the "learn more" link to go to the page that lists the promo codes. All you have to do is buy a qualifying Nikon camera or kit and add one or more of the qualifying lenses. NOT ALL LENSES QUALIFY and if you want more than one lens, if you process the orders then contact Amazon by phone, they will combine the orders under one order and give you the discount on multiple lenses. Good Luck. There are some great deal on lenses.
M. Gray answered on September 18, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
What is the promo code? M Gray...I am thinking of buying the d3100 ....would like it to take photos of my kids sporting events(soccer and baseball)...I have only had a Kodack Easyshare since they were little ...would this camera work for me and is it easy for an amateur to handle? Would like to get the package rate you got if it is still possible.....Thanks for your any help anyone can give me...big purchase want to be sure!!!
debbie campbell answered on February 4, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Hi Debbie,
It looks like the coupon code has expired. It was 2JR6R6Z6 for the 55-200mm lens with the kit. As for ease of use, it is a great camera that can grow with you. You can put this camera on full auto and take great pictures while becoming more comfortable with it. When you start feeling comfortable, you can begin to experiment with the different settings. It sounds like this would be your first DSLR, no problem. If you don't have any history with aperture, shutter speed and ISO from the old 35mm film days, I would suggest doing some research at a pace that you are comfortable with...check out adorama.com for some great video lessons; some that are based on the 3100, and many that will enhance your background and understanding of the relationship of how different factors effect your pictures, as well as how to achieve your desired results! You would be infinitely delighted with this camera! I'm sure that Nikon and Amazon will run a lens promotion again soon. Good Luck!
M. Gray answered on February 4, 2011

A
Debbie,
B&H photo is still giving the Nikon discount. http://www.bhphotovideo.com Their price for the d3100 + 18-55 AF s DX VR kit, plus the 55-200 AF S DX VR is $718.00 This is $20 higher than the Amazon price, but right now, they are out of stock, and as I stated above, I don't think they are honoring the discount any longer. Put the d3100 in your cart, then to the left you will see various lens discounts listed. Toward the bottom, you will see "save up to $100" on select lenses. The "VR" version is $119 and the non VR is $79. Good Luck!
M. Gray answered on February 4, 2011

A
What is the code you tried, because I saw it in a discussion and now that i'm ready to buy I can't dind it, it expires 10/01/2011 and says if you buy a certain camera and a certain lens you get a instant discount of $200.00 $150.00 $100.00 depending on the lens.
R. Traylor answered on September 18, 2011

A
what was the discount code, thanks.
R. Traylor answered on September 18, 2011

A
Thanks sooo much....with the 55-200 will I be able to get shots of my son on the pitching mound and dauqhter in goal....the little kodack I have has 12x zoom.....does the additional lens compare to that in zooming capabilites.....Thanks so much for all your help....I will go through B&H photo to order...thanks for finding this for me!!!
debbie campbell answered on February 5, 2011
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product