is nikon slr better than a canon slr
asked by Jennifer M. Tucker on October 19, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 answers
A
Hello. I believe that would be like comparing a Mercedes to an Audi or a BMW. All are excellent. I have been using Nikon s for many years, so I have developed a brand loyalty. However, these are high quality, dependable cameras. If I had to invest in a brand new professional system (bodies, lenses, lighting, etc.) I would still stay with Nikon. And this particular model (D3200) is outstanding for the price. I love my red one!!!!
Edwin Karl answered on October 19, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Nikon is a great camera, as is Canon. For the money I like the D3200 innovations, weight and it's future! The D3200 means Nikon is serious contender for the entry student, pro or serious hobbiest.
Which also means Nikon intends to fortify this contender, both video and picture quality wise. Next improvement will be the microphone technology. I really love this camera!
don hall answered on October 19, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Good question! Wayyyyy better. Why? A Nikon DSLR is so much easier to use. It's a great entry level camera. Battery Life is great! The body is great! And picture quality is PERFECT! I'm a photographer at my job and all the staff uses Canon. I decided one day to use Canon and I was not pleased. I had to change out batteries, the ISO and Aperture settings was hard to adjust, and I just wasn't comfortable. I'm pretty much obsessed with my Nikon and encourage everyone to get one!
ChrisF. answered on October 19, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I'm not sure about better. Both make a good product, but I certainly prefer the Nikons.
Bill Sauneuf answered on October 19, 2012

A
Depends upon what exactly you would like to use it for. There are various levels of camera available. Most of them will give the exact same result when used with common features available on the either of the camera. Canon has an edge over Nikon and are more on the affordable side when it comes to certain lens, Example a Canon 300 F4 lens costs 1300 while same Nikon 300mm lens costs 6000 dollars.. But Nikon cameras come with higher focus points when cameras of same technology are compared. Eventually, when people picked their first camera was a canon, they would stay with it and similarly with Nikon.
Guru H answered on October 19, 2012

A
They are both good cameras. I have owned and used both Canon and Nikon. I would recommend that you actually handle any camera you are interested in as different cameras feel comfortable to different persons.It is also important to determine the features that you want/need which will point you toward certain models. I wish you luck!
Norman L. Hente answered on October 19, 2012

A
I agree with Guru H. Although I have been a Nikon user for well over 40 years, some of their equipment has had their ups and downs. The more expensive models in the Nikon line seem to be manufactured better than the Canon. The reason Nikon lenses cost more, is because they have superior glass. This is not the case on all lenses, but most, and certainly the more expensive ones. It is said that the better lenses are almost as good as Zeiss Ikon, which are reportedly the best in the world. The lower range Nikon DSLR's seem to have more bang for the buck than Canon's. I have a D40x, and when I purchased the D3200, I purchased the 16-85 lense. This camera is leaps and bounds better than Nikon's previous efforts of their economical line. I am quite pleased with is features and functions.
David R. Greene answered on October 19, 2012

A
I would say both are equally good. I use Nikon D3200 which gives amazing indoor photography results. But Canon T3i is not bad either. If you are keen on using Your smart phone to take/share pictures as soon you take a shot, go for Nikon ( though that would cost you additional 60 bucks for the hardware). But if you are in no hurry in sharing the pictures and can live with old school way of transferring pictures to your computer then simply look for a better deal. I guess a week back I saw somewhere T3i selling for 599 with the std 18-55 lens that is 50 bucks less than NikonD3200...hope that helps! Good luck!
Gablud answered on October 19, 2012

A
That is a very complex question and in my opinion, and after all the research I have done they are both the same.... I am very happy with the Nikon we purchased, make very good pictures and I love the color red for a camera. It is a newer camera and that is why we decided to purchase it. I never had a canon, but my understanding is that for the Nikon you have to only buy a Nikon lens while with the Canon we can get after market lenses....
George answered on October 20, 2012
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product