Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 31, 2012 3:52:27 PM PST
Chris O says:
You have got to be joking Lucas! No digital version!?! This is Star Wars for **** sake! Shouldn't you be at least on par with modern technology? How can I pirate a digital copy. I'd gladly pay for a digital copy but not for a dvd. Insane.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2013 6:57:53 PM PDT
You know, I never ended up using the digital copies of the LOTR extended trilogy. I think I redeemed the Fellowship but never watched it in full and never even redeemed the others in the year between my purchase and the offer's expiration date. Even though I go on a road trip every summer, I never had the occasion to use the digital copy I did redeem--ever. And it's been nearly a full two years now since that purchase.

Everybody is different, though, and I'm sure there is demand for digital copies or they would not be created. It just surprises me a little bit that you get a beautiful release like this one--looks and sounds fabulous, chockfull of content--and some people freak out because there isn't a downloadable version of the movies for their portable devices. And I'm sorry, but I don't feel that digital downloads on laptops, i-pads, and phones are the premiere technology for appreciating films. The films look and sound way better on blu-ray, anyway. For that matter, a DVD is better than a computer file! And you get to watch on it on your actual TV. (I'm assuming most people with portable viewing devices still haver regular old TVs or even nice home theatre setups--in the case of the latter, you'd have one up on me!).

As far as I can see, you'd only want digital copies for when you're on the go and I don't know about other people, but when I'm on the go, I'm generally doing something other than watching movies. The purpose of getting out and about, to me, is partially to not be sitting in front of a screen. So digital copies don't make that much sense to me at several levels and it really baffles me that they'd be anyone's truly preferred medium--but that's just me. Different people have different approaches and different needs but I'm a little mystified by anyone getting so worked up over something like this.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Dec 31, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 25, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Episodes I-VI) [Blu-ray]
Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Episodes I-VI) [Blu-ray] by Mark Hamill (Blu-ray - 2011)
3.5 out of 5 stars   (3,915)