Customer Discussions > Medal of Honor - Xbox 360 forum

no more taliban?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 43 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 1, 2010 1:59:28 PM PDT
doompa says:
i just read on yahoo that they are removing taliban, thats some bs cuz some b****ass ppl wanna complain bout it, if it bothers you that much just dont play the damn thing.....I hope this doesn't take away from the game

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2010 3:26:59 PM PDT
They didn't remove the Taliban completely, in the single player you will still be fighting the Taliban. What they did was you no longer play AS the Taliban in multiplayer, instead of it being US vs. Taliban it is now US vs Opposing Forces. It's a little stupid but not a huge deal.

Posted on Oct 1, 2010 6:18:43 PM PDT
The fact that they actually showed compassion and sympathy to those people who have served or had family who died serving in this war was actually what pushed me over the line and made me decide to buy it. I think it was a way cool thing to do to actually take the feeling of the soldiers and the soldiers families into consideration and change the name. It is kind of childish but in my view it was the respectful thing to do. Good for EA for being open to change and a bit sensitive to people's feelings. Reading the articles involving this, it does not affect the game at all by the change so I see no reason to get pissed that a small change was made. EA Games you showed some class, good for you.

Posted on Oct 2, 2010 2:00:53 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Oct 11, 2010 5:25:38 AM PDT]

Posted on Oct 2, 2010 2:37:07 AM PDT
Anthony Tran says:
i dont know but this is just plain silly.... No one is getting hurt or killed by medal of honor, why so much Protest and stuff???????

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 2, 2010 8:15:02 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 2, 2010 9:35:29 PM PDT
TiKiMaN1 says:
I completely agree. I was sitting on the fence on this game, but this decision caused me to purchase the game as well. Since the news broke yesterday the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions quickly have shot up to positions 2, 3, on the hourly top ten in video games.

Posted on Oct 2, 2010 1:32:24 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 2, 2010 1:34:15 PM PDT
hi im a says:
i wanted to get this game. but now that they removed a key part of the game just because of some whiney b1tches, im not sure anymore. o well i guess im gona buy it get the game credit and sell the game to someone else.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 2, 2010 2:46:05 PM PDT
How did they remove a key part of the game? All they did was change the Multiplayer team name from "Taliban" to "opposing forces", the single player was untouched you will still be fighting the Taliban in the regular game.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 2, 2010 3:35:59 PM PDT
doompa says:
I agree

Posted on Oct 2, 2010 3:37:50 PM PDT
doompa says:
I don't wanna play opposing force, I want it to be realistic as possible, so sick of stupid ppl and their crying.....if it affects u just stop looking into the game

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 2, 2010 9:52:54 PM PDT
Its easy then don't buy the game. If EA made this change without announcing it and you brought the game home on tuesday and starting playing would you even know that anything was different? No of course you wouldn't, its stupid to cry about something that you wouldn't even have noticed if you weren't told about it.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2010 12:55:59 AM PDT
D. Mcneill says:
no one cares about it, people complain too much .. boo hoo

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2010 1:57:52 AM PDT
Anthony Tran says:
Theres a door in front of you, please walk through the door, and close it please.

Posted on Oct 4, 2010 12:05:49 AM PDT
D. Tran says:
i dont care that they changed the name. I find it more disturbing that so many people are putting so much time to protest the game due to a simple name issue.

Posted on Oct 6, 2010 2:44:30 PM PDT
KingAce says:
In WAW you play as the Nazis in the multiple player and many other WWII based games, you plays as the Iraqi insurgents in both COD4 and MW2. What of that?? No one ever made a big deal about this. This is just dumb, its just a video game PEOPLE....just a video game.

Posted on Oct 6, 2010 5:19:51 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 6, 2010 5:22:04 PM PDT
J. Johnson says:
Okay children, Listen-Up!
The reason that EA has CHOSEN to change the names of the Multi-Player "enemies" has NOTHING to do with YOU.
It also has nothing to do with the loud, radical political groups on either the far right or left of the isle.
It has EVERYTHING to do with RESPECT... which, by the way, is obviously something quite few of you maggots need a seriously hard lesson in!

Think about this, the Army & Air Force Exchanges have decided NOT to sell this particular game in their Base Stores. Do you REALLY think you know why?

If you currently Serve, that's great. Thank you for your Service. But maybe you don't get it yet. Not to worry though... you will. Go home and look into the eyes of someone who has lost a Husband or a Wife, a Father or a Mother, a Family Member or a Loved One... you'll get it then.

It's all about RESPECT for those of us who have Served, and for the people we have left behind to deal with that ultimate sacrifice that their Loved One was willing to make. How can SO MANY of you be so amazingly ignorant to this simple show of RESPECT?!

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I hear you Princess... "But it's just a Video Game?!"
You're right. It is "just" a video game... so why are YOU so upset about something you CLEARLY have no understanding of?
Maybe YOU should look into that and try to figure out for yourself why, out all the Military/Simulation-Style video games out there, this version of "Medal of Honor" has garnered such attention. And why an Organization like the Army & Air Force Exchanges, who are dedicated to SERVING those of us who SERVE, has made the difficult decision NOT to sell a product that is SURE to fly off the shelves as fast it arrives. They are going to LOOSE money because of this decision. THINK ABOUT IT.

They are CHOOSING to decline this potential for sales out of RESPECT for those whom they SERVE.
I think EA is simply trying to show their RESPECT as well by making this very simple, yet VERY MEANINGFUL change.

Posted on Oct 6, 2010 10:10:30 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Oct 7, 2010 8:14:21 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2010 10:12:47 PM PDT
filmguy74 says:
Amen

Posted on Oct 6, 2010 11:18:36 PM PDT
N says:
It's respectful and sensitive to kill American soldiers when you're just a generic "opposing force" member, but disrespectful and insensitive if you're a Taliban member? It's a game in which you're murdering people. I guess I'm not sure why, if you're okay with that premise, you're going to throw a fit if one of the sides doing the murdering is named "Taliban." It's not a big deal. Name them whatever you want. If you have a problem with playing a game where you're killing American soldiers, or you have a problem playing a game where you're an American soldier killing some foreigner in a foreign country, maybe you should just not buy the game. Or maybe you should throw a big, ridiculous hissy fit and whine until a company decides to make an incredibly minor cosmetic change in a product you'll buy anyway so that they don't risk a drop in sales. Whatever works.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 7, 2010 3:30:51 AM PDT
What about RESPECT for WWII veterans and their families? Tunnel vision...

Posted on Oct 7, 2010 8:04:50 AM PDT
I am an american soldier who has fought over seas three times. for a total of three years. I have bene on the front lines fighting for the liberties and right of americans so that if people want to play as taliban and kill american soldiers let them. It's the only chance anyone will get to see such an elite fighting force in their crosshairs! this is america not soviet russia we are free to do and say as we please when we please

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 7, 2010 10:57:59 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 7, 2010 1:06:35 PM PDT
J. Johnson says:
with all due respect to Eric J. Larsen...

My sincerest thanks to you for Serving, Brother.
I'm a Service Connected Disabled Veteran myself.

And let me also thank you for voicing your strong opinion in a Respectful way. Wow, what a wonderful surprise and much needed change from the temper-tantrum posts I keep reading... see kid's, it actually can be done. Eric didn't call anyone a "whiney bitchass" even once. Imagine that.

Sorry, anyway... now if this particular element of the game (calling the MP enemies "Taliban") doesn't bother you, fine. It doesn't really bother me either, but that's not really the issue. The people who are vulnerable to this element of the game aren't going to be folks like us... it's going to be our Mom's & Dad's, our Wives and Children... know what I saying?

And I couldn't agree with you more; those are exactly the Liberties we have all been fighting to protect and uphold. And if EA had been FORCED to make these changes or was subjected to an overall Ban, I would be raising hell to protect their rights to release whatever the hell they want to release, no matter how offensive it might be.

However, that's not what happened here. A whole lot of Family Members / Loved Ones / Friends of the Brave Men & Women we've lost in this War have exercised their Liberties by voicing their strong and valid feelings. Out of Respect for these people in their time of loss, AAFES was the first to step up and say, "Okay, we won't sell this particular game. That way there's no chance that, for example, a Wife of a G.I. who was just Killed in Action won't walk into the AAFES Store on their Base and see this game sitting on the shelf."

EA has since followed AAFES lead and they have chosen to make a very simple, yet VERY MEANINGFUL change to the game.

and to T.P. Collins:

Agreed. Absolutely. WWII Veterans deserve all the Respect in the world for what they accomplished. And I personally think that a lot of these games, at least the Single-Player versions, have portrayed the WWII Vets with a high degree of Honor and Respect.

But the problems with the Multi-Player games have always been there. Hard to find Respect inside a Map filled with people doing nothing more than killing each other ...repeatedly. But if you do end up on the "Nazi" team in a Multi-player game, at least there's been a good amount of time since any real German Nazi's have been out killing Innocent Civilians or Military Personnel.

It was January 1945 when the Russians finally killed Hitler (or convinced him to do it himself) and Japan formally surrendered in early September 1945. So Vets, Families, Friends and Loved Ones have had over 65 years to deal with their losses. Those wounds aren't quite as fresh as they are for a Mother of 2 who has just lost her Husband, the Father of their children, to a group of Taliban Terrorists. Know what I mean?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 7, 2010 4:25:01 PM PDT
Also with regards to the "Taliban" very few peopel actually see any Taliban fighters anymore over seas. Most of the people killing americans are civilians who are pissed off that we are still there. I personally saw very few actual Taliban fighter in the three years over there. I also know that generalized as a group as we americans like to do so often a taliban and a cilivian avenging his destroyed farm field are one in the same. So its a matter of being informed and being able to tell yourself it is just. I will be buying this game. I will play as terrorists and i will try jsut as hard to kill americans as i try to kill terrorists. It's a game and i will play it as such.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 8, 2010 4:18:16 AM PDT
So what you are saying is that time "heals"? That's a double standard. I guess in 65 years EA can "remake" the game with Taliban killing Americans, and everyone will be fine with it...hmmm...

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 8, 2010 10:32:49 AM PDT
J. Johnson says:
to T.P. Collins:

Come'on Man, I think I was pretty clear with what I was saying.
Did you read the word "heal" anywhere in my post?
No, you interpreted that as what I meant... which is fine.
And if you're asking me for clarification, then I'm happy to do that.

But I think it's very disingenuous of you to simply dismiss me and reduce my post to a single, badly interpreted sentence.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  23
Total posts:  43
Initial post:  Oct 1, 2010
Latest post:  Oct 12, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Medal of Honor - Xbox 360
Medal of Honor - Xbox 360 by Electronic Arts (Xbox 360)
3.4 out of 5 stars   (489)