Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-24 of 24 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 23, 2011 7:25:49 PM PDT
I don't see why they didn't add the first game... not a very complete collection.

Posted on Sep 30, 2011 12:40:07 PM PDT
The first one is on ps1 not ps2. They don't Remake ps1 games in HD. If you want it buy it on the psn. Metal Gear HD doesn't have the first Solid game either. Just be happy they are giving you this. I swear people have to complain about everything.

Posted on Sep 30, 2011 6:04:51 PM PDT
Daniel Fong says:
Just hope Konami will be able to remake Silent Hill 1 from the ground up. Unfortunately, Team Silent is no more.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 2, 2011 1:57:58 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 2, 2011 2:00:22 AM PDT
That won't happen. You're talking about asking them to essentially recode the entire engine and game itself. With the PS2 games, most of the mechanics aren't very far off from those utilized with the PS3, it's a sheer matter of graphical clarity. It doesn't take nearly as much to up the rez of a game from last gen as it does one from two gens ago(this is the main thing holding the FFVII remake back. That game used a now-dead graphical model and would require a full development process). These can be done within 6 months if you have a skilled team, but as with the older FF remakes for the PSP and such, just one single game from a while back takes much more time. This isn't the case with SH, but as an example, FFX remake is pretty easy. It already looks great and is part of the recent generations utilizing the same graphical structure. Now go back to FF I-III/IV, these games weren't even coded in the same language as all the later ones. You'd need to go line by line just to change the various aspects of the code to C++ versus C, then you'd want to take advantage of the OOP structures, pretty it up, so on and so forth. It would actually take less time to just rewrite the damn thing than edit it. They aren't going to put all the effort into remaking a game like that when they can just spit and polish these for a quick buck.

Posted on Oct 3, 2011 6:12:37 PM PDT
JAEMO says:
Konami should update the first game instead of making frogger for the 3DS. It's a want more than a complaint.

Posted on Oct 9, 2011 10:37:10 PM PDT
Just get the game from the playstation store for 5 dollars...

Posted on Oct 15, 2011 2:03:16 AM PDT
Barg says:
Like others have chimed in its a matter of how much effort is required. It would basically be like making a new game from scratch. That being said though, if they made SH1 remade to modern graphics I would buy it. I hope some company gets the guts to do a 'HD remake' of a classic PS1 title and makes gobs of money so others give it a whirl.

If nothing else, some day, Square Soft will make a FF7 with modern graphics like fans have been crying for and oh, the money, the money they will make. Hell I would buy it and it is not even that good of a game to me.

Posted on Oct 30, 2011 3:12:16 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 30, 2011 3:15:07 PM PDT
"Just be happy they are giving you this. I swear people have to complain about everything."

And I swear, some people will just accept everything. What is so wrong with someone giving their opinion? What is so wrong with someone wanting each game of a series to be in a "collection" of the series? Yeah, what a crazy thought, right? Even for the people that say the original Silent Hill was a PS1 game... well, you know, there is something called Silent Hill: Shattered Memories that is a PS2 game, and is a "re-imaging" of the original Silent Hill, so why not include that? Why not include Origins? Why not include Silent Hill 4? Almost everyone hated Devil May Cry 2, but it will be included in the Devil May Cry collection, which will also have the first and third games of the series. There's no good reason why a Silent Hill "collection" should only include the second and third games (which don't even have anything to do with each other). And even if there was a good reason, there's no reason why someone shouldn't be able to display their feelings about it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2011 2:52:13 PM PST
Kthulhu says:
Maybe they'll make a second HD collection, like God of War did. Hopefully a second one would include: Silent Hill: Origins, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, and Silent Hill 4: The Room. Then they could do a full-on remake of the original game.

Posted on Nov 18, 2011 6:45:27 AM PST
David Rey says:
I just want a version of SH1 with new controls. The old controls suck really bad to me. I don't mind the poor graphics but i just hate those tank controls. If they could fix that i would be happy. That's why i bought the PSN version hoping they would fix it but they didn't. And yes i still have the original on the disc.

Posted on Dec 13, 2011 11:35:49 AM PST
Derek says:
SH1 works on PS3, but I think that most of us just want SH1 to be included on a disc (and not the download voucher), because for the collectors, it seems more complete if it is included even if it is not in HD or even if you can download it on PSN (as someone pointed out).

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2011 12:16:19 AM PST
I feel so educated now. But I won't stop wishing for them to bring back the first Silent Hill, back when the series was an ass-kicker instead of a waste of time.

Posted on Dec 21, 2011 2:29:51 PM PST
Hell Monkey says:
They did remake the first one. They reimagined it as Shattered Memories. I think that is the most we'll get. (no it isn't even a real remake but y'know....)

Posted on Dec 22, 2011 7:27:51 AM PST
beema says:
The reason they didn't include the first one (and the same for the MGS collection) is because it is currently being sold on PSN and therefore Sony is making unique money off of it. They wouldn't make extra money by including it in the collection, so why bother? Yes, it would also require a lot more work to make it "HD" and updated, but I think I would actually like to see that as opposed to these HD collections which are more or less just the same games with Trophies and upscaled graphics. Regardless of that they could have bundled it in to the package without updating anything about it, then it would actually feel like a collection. But like I said, they already sell it on PSN so there wouldn't be anything in it for them.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2011 8:46:41 AM PST
Derek says:
I agree with you on it being on PSN. They would not get extra money by including in the collection, but they would have happy gamers (and collectors). Most of us have already played the first one (I had owned it), and will most likely not even play it. I just want the ability to say that I have all 3 on the same disc. I understand that the game companies need to make money, but this is just greedy on their part.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2011 3:41:07 AM PST
hairsuit says:
what you said rocked!

Posted on Dec 26, 2011 3:44:32 AM PST
hairsuit says:
They need to upgrade shattered memories for the PS3 with MOVE controls. Wii like success but HD graphics. Cmon, you decision makers think already!!

Posted on Dec 29, 2011 9:52:29 PM PST
Metalhammer says:
Luckily I still have my ps2, and all 4 original games, plus uh origins.. there's a game I wish I hadn't bought. I just did a walkthrough of SH1. First time I'd played it in ten years, and man did I have fun playing it. Unless this offered something amazing in SH's 2 and 3 I won't be buying it anyway. I just wish they'd either stop making these games, or get a development team that can actually do a good job. Seriously you can tell an American team did Homecoming, much less cerebral. Heck that game I predicted what happened to Josh from the beginning. It was just a matter of how it happened.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2012 6:27:57 PM PST
geelw says:
OSG, you're the ONLY person here that understands WHY there's no SH1 in the collection. That and yes, Shattered Memories is a re-imagining of the game that's not supposed to fit into the other entries at all (even though it would have been great to see it in HD with Move support, as the Wii version was very well done).

Also, to the gripers... KONAMI is making the bulk of the money from the PSN SH1 reissue, not SCEA/Sony, so blaming them for getting the game on PSN because they're trying to rip you off makes zero sense. Ignorance and unfocused anger don't make anyone smarter about anything, that's for sure.

Posted on Feb 6, 2012 11:49:10 PM PST
DarkenAngel says:
they could have raised the price on this game and included the ps1 game, even charged more then 5 bucks for it really. so they could have made more money ;). I don't doubt that they will come out with another collection with those other SH games... I still have my ps2 aswell and the games... can't help but wonder how much the graphics are upgraded from the ps2.

Posted on Feb 21, 2012 2:24:56 PM PST
C. Oliver says:
Silent Hill is already available for download on the PS Store. I could see them offering a voucher included within the HD Collection box, but I don't think it's all that expensive either way; I think I got mine for free via PS Plus though. The original is just simply too out-dated to properly remaster in HD so PS Store for PS3 is as good as it gets. Hell, the PS2 games are only in 720p--not even true HD. Not that it doesn't look great and more detailed, I still look forward to this collection.

Posted on Feb 23, 2012 8:41:36 AM PST
Derek says:
C.Oliver: I understand that SH1 is too old to remaster in HD. I am not asking for it to be remastered or redone, but only include it 'as is' on the disc to make the collection feel more whole. SH 2 and 3 would obviously be remastered in HD, and Konami could even advertise the SH1 as a "bonus" game in the collection.

Posted on Feb 27, 2012 7:40:50 AM PST
Vyprstryke says:
They shoulda included Origins

Posted on Mar 18, 2012 1:28:00 PM PDT
I would have gladly payed $60 for a COMPLETE HD COLLECTION.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  21
Total posts:  24
Initial post:  Sep 23, 2011
Latest post:  Mar 18, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Silent Hill HD Collection - Playstation 3
Silent Hill HD Collection - Playstation 3 by Konami (PlayStation 3)
3.3 out of 5 stars   (145)