Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Buy normal xbox 250gb slim with kinect for cheaper or this?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 24, 2012 5:04:58 PM PDT
A. Ahmed says:
Ok so I sold my white original xbox 60gb hard drive for very cheap in hopes of getting this at the original december release date. Then, once it got delayed, i kept my preorder and bought a normal 250 gb slim. Now that its coming out in april, I sold my slim after only a few months and am debating whether to keep the preorder, or rebuy another black 250 gb slim with kinect for about $320 and save the $130. I was buying it for the distinct colors/look of the items and the white kinect, but now the white kinect has released already in another bundle and I don't see myself paying the $130 just for the r2d2 console and gold controller

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2012 11:32:03 AM PDT
First, It didn't get delayed. I made the same mistake as you. It was supposed to come out December 2012, then moved to June, then April.

Second, you also get a larger hard drive and the star wars game. Game is $50, so its $70 for the gold controller and awesome theme.

Also, you're buying it new so you know you have a warranty, plus its the newest model so you know you have the best stuff. (I'm pretty sure they altered the kinect to give it better zoom or something)

For me, it's worth it. I'm a huge star wars fan and this is the coolest thing EVER. I've had the same concerns about paying extra for SW, but I know that I'd hate myself if I didn't get it.

And you KNOW you want it. You just want someone else to tell you its not a waste.
IT IS NOT A WASTE.

*waves hand*
You will get the Star Wars xbox......

Posted on Mar 25, 2012 8:52:02 PM PDT
A. Ahmed says:
I do want it but considering I can save around $150, still get around 10 months of warranty, get the game later for most likely about $30 or less if I want it after reading reviews, that $150 for a controller and one color scheme seems too much. Secondly, it was in fact supposed to come out December 2011 and once that was delayed, they said December 2012 then June, etc. The kinect has nothing new about it and no firmware upgrades. Any upgrade they do it is available for everybody through software updates. I would say a 320 gb hard drive would make it worth it, but I have a ps3 160gb ive barely half filled since theres really not much you can fill it with. In fact, I think the xbox is the hardest and makes the worst use of its hard drive since you cant really put anything on it from an external device such as music. Music on my ps3 shows up in albums with their artwork, just how i want it. With the xbox, you have to first rip CDs, then copy it to the hard drive only to realize they're not grouped, named track 1 track 2, etc, and have no artwork! Really, all you need is 60 gb or at the most 80gb for an xbox hdd.

Posted on Mar 29, 2012 3:42:09 PM PDT
daggertoes83 says:
All good points. I just had to have the console. I mean I already have a kinect but im still buying this as a huge star wars fan. Ill just sell my old kinect to help out with the price.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 31, 2012 11:29:24 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 31, 2012 12:08:10 PM PDT
HV says:
I still have the old, fat 360 w/120 gb hdd (I plan to sell this with some stuff to offset the cost of this bundle) and have been waiting for a good update like this. Being a pretty big Star Wars fan and the fact that it is a good value considering everything that is included sold me on this. I purposely held off on getting Kinect bc I don't believe that there are enough good games for me to go out and buy it separately, but since it is essentially a bonus thrown in there I'll take it for the few good Kinect games that are out there like Dance Central. If you have no 360 currently I would definitely recommend picking this up, you can't beat the R2-D2 sounds that this makes either when you boot it up and when you open and close the disc tray :).

Posted on Mar 31, 2012 12:59:45 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 31, 2012 1:31:04 PM PDT
Bobby says:
REG VS SWbundle
White kinect: White kinect
kinect adventures: Kinect adventures
kinect sports: starwars kinect (about $25 more than kinect sports)
4gb: 320gb (you can buy this for about $100 and get lego star wars 3)
nothing($7.93 on amazon): wired headset
3 months XBL gold: "token" (whatever that is)
$300: $450
So with the $150 you save, you're sacrificing a wired head set (who really cares?), 320gb hard drive (you can buy it for $100 or a smaller one for cheaper) STar wars kinect with a kinect sports replacement, and the token gets replaced with 3 months of XBL gold. and a generic xbox and controller for themed ones.

so you just need to weigh the value of the sacrifices and replacements vs $150. The hard drive alone knocks out $100 of that.

For me, worth it, but I'm a star wars fan.
Edit: I goofed and for some reason was thinking it came with a 250gb hd. I fixed it.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 31, 2012 1:34:42 PM PDT
Bobby says:
Heh, I did the same as you back in November (thinking it was still being released in december)
Just a heads up, gamestop only gives $40 for the old Xbox 360's. Well, unless you catch them like I did, they gave me an extra $50 instore credit. But that ended months ago.

Posted on Mar 31, 2012 2:49:07 PM PDT
J. S Thomas says:
u guys got ripped if u sold to gamestop i sold on ebay got
$150 for a 3 year old xbox...just waiting on the star wars version to go with my halo xbox.....

Posted on Mar 31, 2012 8:30:35 PM PDT
A. Ahmed says:
I just bought the mw3 limited edition xbox and bought a used kinect so I still get my exclusive xbox and look, but have the same function for $100 cheaper as well as another controller

Posted on Apr 1, 2012 3:16:40 AM PDT
the console makes r2d2 sounds, nuff said.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 2, 2012 9:55:33 PM PDT
HV says:
And on the inside of the disc tray it says "Help me Obi Won Kenobi, you're my only hope." and R2D2 sounds and theme and C3PO controller makes it worth it to me.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Mar 24, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 2, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about