Is it normal for the top to clunk and bump abit when mixing
asked by A. Rea on March 12, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 answers
A
i haven't had any problems with my mixer. it works great and my children use it probably more than me. i would probably send your unit back if it is making these noises. might be something wrong.
Cheryl Bishop answered on March 12, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I get a bit of bumping with very heavy dough, but no clunking. You may want to check with Kitchen Aide before you send it back to see if there is an adjustment you can make to solve the problem
Sharon answered on March 12, 2013

A
If I understand your problem correctly, your beater, dough hook etc. may be positioned too low and is scrubbing the bottom of the bowl. In your manual there is a section that shows you how to adjust whatever tool you are using so that it is positioned properly so it does not scrape the bottom of your mixing bowl. Also, make sure you have the slide along the side of your mixer in the "locked" position so the mixer is stable before you turn it on. The tool position and the unlocked versus locked feature may be causing the bumping and clunking. Hope this helps.
CHACHA DEE DEE answered on March 12, 2013

A
It's not normal for basic mixing, but if you are mixing something heavy and on the dry side, it may "clunk and bump" a bit.
Susan I. answered on March 12, 2013

A
My KitchenAid stand mixer does not make any noise when mixing, other than the whirring of the motor. Otherwise all parts run very smoothly.
Shelli N. Griffey answered on March 12, 2013

A
I don't know if this is your issue or not, but it is recommended that you adjust yours so that a dime can be in the bottom and not be disturbed when it is on. The top part is adjustable, yours might just be hitting the bottom, I would check that first. Check your owners manual on how to adjust.
Maureen K. Kerfoot answered on March 12, 2013

A
No that is not normal, mine is real quiet. I would take it back where you got and exchange it.
Rose Graham answered on March 12, 2013

A
I think so as mine does a little. Make sure you are locking it in place if the top rotates up or it will be worse
Queen cutter answered on March 12, 2013

A
if there are any lumps in the mixture that can happen, if the mixture is without lumps my mixer does not do that
snowdrop answered on March 12, 2013

A
Never heard of anyone having a problem with this. Would send back and replace it.
ldrboyle answered on March 14, 2013
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product