Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation Learn more
Customer Discussions > The Incident forum

not selling at Best Buy

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 16, 2009 7:56:33 AM PDT
J. Dooley says:
I stopped at two Best Buy stores after work Tuesday and neither had the new album. I resorted to downloading it from Amazon I was so impatient. Anyone else have this problem?

Posted on Sep 16, 2009 8:30:19 AM PDT
ImEzekiel65 says:
I pretty much have a problem with Best Buy in general anymore.

Seems like almost every time they have an item on sale I'm interested in, I'll go there to get it, only to find that it has been sold out. If a new release is on sale (and is for the most part, highly anticipated), then why can't they anticipate this and have an ample supply, instead of going there the next day and finding that the item has been sold out? More often than not, this is my experience with them these days.

Plus their stock is dwindling fast. Our local store used to have huge gondolas full of CDs & DVDs. Now there is probably less than half of what they had maybe two years ago. And their selection isn't nearly what it used to be.

Yes, I'll still shop there for that rare occurrence that they'll actually have what I need. But they have lost a bit of their luster, especially compared to what they were 12-14 years ago.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 16, 2009 8:59:29 AM PDT
Shanghaied says:
All so true ImEzekiel. Best Buy really isn't a go-to source for anything that isn't hard-set in mainstream entertainment. They were amazing back in the early-mid 90's; not anymore.

If I had to hazard a guess I'd blame two factors for this. First obviously being the online digital marketplace for music, making it so easy for anyone to download almost anything immediately. The second would be that I believe Best Buy has over-extended themselves and over expanded; there's just too many freaking stores now. In order to offer the selection they once did they'd have to hold a huge amount of inventory for items that might not turn as quickly.

It is sad. I used to love Best Buy's music selection; finding some obscure disc and rolling the dice on it. Ah well, I guess we have Amazon now!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 16, 2009 9:21:18 PM PDT
M_DuBois says:
BB had it up here in WA.

Posted on Sep 17, 2009 6:49:01 AM PDT
James Bender says:
The BB in Columbus, OH on More road not only had The Indcident they also had several copies of In Absentia, Lightbulb Sun and Deadwing.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 20, 2009 5:24:12 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 20, 2009 5:25:32 PM PDT
I stopped by Best Buy the day of this release to find there were only 3 copies in stock, opposed to Megadeth's Endgame (a few more) and the 'pop' releases of the week with loads more in stock. It was not really surprising to me, but at least I got my copy on sale.

Thing is, I used to buy a lot of my music there years ago..including metal released too. I have also become very disappointed with their selections in music lately, and fear they will go the same route Walmart did, only stocking hundreds of the more popular releases. In essence, I created an Amazon account a few years ago and here I am. I have no excuse now. :)

Posted on Sep 22, 2009 8:18:04 PM PDT
The BB here in Toledo didn't have and didn't even have a divider for PT. They didn't have the other item I was looking for either, so it's mail-order for everything from now on, they lost me.

Posted on Sep 25, 2009 9:47:27 AM PDT
my best buy had like 20 copies when it came out

Posted on Sep 29, 2009 2:53:01 AM PDT
Ian M. Perge says:
The two in my area and the two about 5 1/2 hours away where my Better Half is doing her Internship for her Doctorate *all* ran out of copies with the first day or two - I had already received the copy of the "Special Edition" we had ordered but she wanted a copy of the standard for herself, however, no luck for her one the release date and for me after when informed by her.

I believe both the record company as well as Best Buy screwed the pooch on this one - Lava/Atlantic absolutely misjudged the amount of interest in the new release, both because of a VERY successful previous album and tour saleswise as well as an upcoming tour by the band that started the *day of* the release - all but 2 dates were Sold Out. On Best Buy's part, it's their Record Buyer's JOB to know of facts like the above and have their stores stocked accordingly, which obviously didn't happen. I was in today to pick a CD up during a Two-Day Sale, and can say while caught with their pants down they're certainly making up for it - my BB had an entire row dedicated to PT, with large amounts of The Incident, FOABP, Nil Recurring, Deadwing, IA, Lightbulb Sun, Stupid Dream, and a fair amount of the Snapper catalog and "lesser known" items.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2009 2:46:56 PM PDT
I too don't like BB much but I recently started using their purchase online and pickup service. That's probably why I was finding things I wanted out of stock, because everyone else is buying online the minute an item comes available and us guys who drive in are SOL.

Posted on Sep 29, 2009 6:31:09 PM PDT
There is no reason not to have it in stock since they are now on Roadrunner.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 8, 2009 12:02:45 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 8, 2009 12:04:05 PM PDT
bass boy says:
I agree about Best Buy's in-store stock dwindling. The one here and the one north of here are really pretty bad. Unless it's a new release by a big name (Britney, McGraw, Timberlake, U2), you might have a hard time finding it. I have yet to see Big Star's new boxed set - and the Genesis Live 1973-2007 boxed set - in a Best Buy in my area. The only good Best Buy these days in my region is the new one in Branson, Mo. (I know, laugh if you want. :) But their new Best Buy is really great. They had tons of CDs. Each band/artist had several different CD titles in the bend; you don't see that anywhere else (Best Buy, Walmart, etc.) these days.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  The Incident forum
Participants:  12
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Sep 16, 2009
Latest post:  Oct 8, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Incident
The Incident by Porcupine Tree (Audio CD - 2009)
4.2 out of 5 stars (168)