Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 10, 2007 3:29:05 AM PST
Mark bennett says:
In late August of 2007, there were 23 one-star reviews of this title and today (November 2007) there is one. This title has been purged of negative reviews going back years.

For proof, see the archived version from 8-2007 at:

http://web.archive.org/web/20070828190110/http://www.amazon.com/Time-Immemorial-Arab-Jewish-Conflict-Palestine/dp/0963624202

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2007 6:28:53 PM PST
pbr2000 says:
How did this happen? Did Amazon delete the reviews? Is there a way this can be investigated?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2007 3:30:41 PM PST
S. Johnson says:
Yes, they deleted them. I asked them why and got this response:

Our disclaimer that reviews become our property allows us to have
free range on posting them or not posting them. We never censor
reviews inappropriately or change the tone of comments, but we do
reserve the right to delete or edit inappropriate comments that fall
outside our review guidelines.

Please take a look at our posted guidelines for information about
acceptable content:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=14279631

Thank you for your interest in Amazon.com.

Please let us know if this e-mail resolved your question.

I responded to let them know I could not fathom why on earth they would delete all 23 one-star reviews. It does in fact change the tone of the reviews and make this look as if there are no critical reviews of this book at all, even though there were some that had been there for a long time and were only recently taken down!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2008 6:08:50 AM PST
I says:
Incredible. Amazon appears to be heavily pressured by Alan Dershowitz and his pals at the ADL. Similarly they briefly stopped carrying Finkelstein's Beyond Chutzpah last year. When they were questioned as to why there was no answer. One can only assume it was Dershowitz' usual hysterical threats of lawsuits. The fact is he has never been able to answer the charge made by Finkelstein that he plagiarized parts of From Time Immemorial (a work now accepted as a hoax everywhere but the U.S.) for his equally ridiculous The Case For Israel.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2008 12:33:52 PM PDT
Claddagh says:
I know why they were deleted....1) I actually read this book and reviewed it, most of our "one star" friends likely didn't...2) most of the "one star" review...which I have read...were filled with hatred and racist comments...that were most likely flagged by amazon 3) several of the reviews were written by the same person who just kept logging on with different names-this was easy to track because most of the one star reviews were written by a person who had never reviewed any other book or anything else on amazon 4) take your conspiracy theories and throw them in the trash...reviews are meant to be written by people who actually read a book or purchased a product, not by those who want to advance their pet political opinions.5) Give me a break: Alan Dershowitz-that all powerful Jew you are so afraid of-has a lot better things to do with his time. 6) Get a life, or maybe you should go bury your head in the sand some more while the super secret International Jewish conspiracy finishes up it's world take over...oh, no...I wasn't supposed to tell you about that.....shhhh...don't pass it on.....

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 2, 2009 12:08:26 AM PST
SteveK. says:
I was very curious if Mark or anyone else ever found out any additional information on this. At the time of writing, this book has only five 1-star reviews out of 71 total, which seems extremely odd considering that this book has been widely discredited. I was also wondering if anyone's noticed anything similar with regard to Amazon's handling of other books/reviews/discussions of Israel-related issues. If this is part of anything resembling a larger pattern, is it possible to start some sort of petition to get Amazon to offer a specific explanation?

Based on the quality of his comment here, however, I don't have any interest in anything "Dr. Lieber" might have to say on the matter.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2009 7:29:48 PM PST
Purity says:
Finkelstein appeared to be very strange when he was last interview on Lebanese TV. He insisted that Lebanon was occupied by Isreal. When the intervier stated that no Israeli troops are in Lebanon, so how can you say they occupy us. He merely stated we know it to be true. Strange statement's from a supposedly rational man.

Posted on Dec 14, 2009 3:33:50 PM PST
N. Pitts says:
Those are strange statements, Mr. Reiss. Do you have a source on that?

Posted on Jan 21, 2014 2:39:12 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 21, 2014 2:40:16 PM PST
lofus says:
maybe amazon just objects to lies and filth like you vermin propagate. a business is under no legal obligation to follow
our great but sometimes flawed constitution especially in a blog.. a meesuhmeshunah to you all.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Nov 10, 2007
Latest post:  Jan 21, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
From Time Immemorial: The Origins of the Arab-Jewish Conflict over Palestine
From Time Immemorial: The Origins of the Arab-Jewish Conflict over Palestine by Joan Peters (Hardcover - April 1984)
4.0 out of 5 stars   (134)