Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Customer Discussions > 2012 [Theatrical Release] forum

Have you noticed they are always 3 second away from being killed?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 5, 2010 10:02:39 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 5, 2010 10:03:01 PM PST
Have you noticed they are always 3 seconds away from being killed?

1) On the road in the limo for the first time
2) Airplane taking off for the first time
3) Bigger plane that almost hit the building
4) The Ark almost hitting the North Face

Can it be made a little bit more believable? It can't be always that they made it, but 3 seconds later, they would have died. To use the line in the movie: "What are the odds"?

Posted on Feb 3, 2010 8:19:24 AM PST
anniewilkes says:
Agree...too many things in the movie ....were...2 unbelievable....gr8 effects tho.

Posted on Mar 1, 2010 11:25:21 AM PST
I guess that never gets old in Hollywood. It is so predictable but yet the audience will always gasp

Posted on Mar 6, 2010 12:49:28 PM PST
C. Alcatraz says:
This seemed like a video game for me where at the end of each level you narrowly miss death, not even games are this bad!

Posted on May 23, 2010 11:26:23 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 23, 2010 11:32:04 AM PDT
Adam Richter says:
I liked the movie and the effects were great (even if you thought it was cheesy while watching it, you still have to admit that you got quite an adventure!). However, I have to say that the constant "just-in-the-nick-of-time" escapes became way too repetitive and predictable, and as a result lost some excitement. I mean, in almost every action sequence, whatever vehicle the heroes were currently using was ALWAYS just a couple feet ahead of collapsing streets, balls of fire, etc. And the entire sequence was just them maintaining this constant narrow distance, as various special effects continue to erupt behind them, until they finally made it past harm's way... until the next sequence, anyway, where the same thing happened with a different vehicle/hazard. It was like Indiana Jones's escape from that rolling boulder in "Raiders of the Lost Ark," but stretched out for an entire film! It became a bit absurd, and the filmmakers should have been much more creative in devising these scenes.

Posted on May 24, 2010 4:28:15 AM PDT
M. IMRAN says:
If it were real, john cusack and his family would have died earlier on in the movie when the devastation started... There is no way you can escape all that devastation unless you have really great luck on your side.. Then again, this was only a movie..

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 28, 2010 8:17:40 PM PDT
It's a movie. If you want realism, watch the news.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 28, 2010 11:49:10 PM PDT
Do you know that some people don't want a movie to feel too fake?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Jan 5, 2010
Latest post:  Jul 28, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions